Cinelli RAM Bar/stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Superlite

by Superlite

Does anyone own these and know what they weigh, particularly 40cm - 110mm? Also are they lighter for the 04 models? Thought they were claimed at 350g, and now at 320g, but according to the 3 entries on the site they are way off. Just flukes, or they really alot heavier then the claimed?

I know they are heavier then my current set up, but how are they stiffness wise? Any info on these much appreciated. Thanks

spytech

by spytech

from 3 people i know that own them (03 version) they tell me they are heavier than what they claim. why dont you take a look at the kuota viking bar.
Attachments
Kuota 4.JPG
Kuota.JPG
Kuota 2.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Petacchi

by Petacchi

because i am lazy as hell how much do the vikings retail for and what would be a good deal on them?
Fighting Blue Hens

spytech

by spytech

they retail for $499 but i have been offered them for $400. from what i have heard the alanera are lighter, they are suppose to weight as little as 299g

Superlite

by Superlite

The new Alanera bar/stem weighs 376g in a 44cm by 120mm.

Just to let you know you shouldn't tell people what price that you can get stuff at, bad buisness ethics.

spytech

by spytech

i was just passing on the info. didnt think their was any harm done with it. i am not selling it to him, just letting him know what a good deal would be.

Superlite

by Superlite

No harm, just don't go bragging about what good deals that you can get, it might make some of us jealous. :wink:

Joel

by Joel

To Spytech: is that Deda carbon handlebar tape?

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

Superlight, are you asking because your CAAD 7 comes with them? I looked at your component choices, and I still think that you're gonna be under the legal weight limit, because my CAAD 7 is very close and its a 58. Plus the wheels you're specing are lighter than mine (ksyriums) I've heard that the RAM are really stiff, and frankly the jury is still out for me as to how cool they look, but if it comes down to the wieght, The bars is probably the best place to ADD weight to get it to the legal limit (no rotating mass obviously).

Superlite

by Superlite

Yeah, thats pretty much why I'm looking into them. From my build I calculated 6670g for the bike, and then the additional weight to make it legal will come from the computer and bottle cages. With any bike build though you don't know the real weight until it's all together.

spytech

by spytech

Joel wrote:To Spytech: is that Deda carbon handlebar tape?

i am not sure about the bar tape, i was also looking for it

JTC

by JTC

Might be Stella Azzura (sp?) bar tape. They have some rubber stoppers you can buy that will hold the bar tape down and allow you to not use electrical tape and that looks like that is what they used. The pic is from Pez right?

Superlite

by Superlite

Don't wanna be a party pooper, but back to the topic. Anyone recomend the RAM or have weights for it, or recomend another similar product?

spytech

by spytech

How about deda alanera? thats another option. So i guess you dont like the kuota bars?

Superlite

by Superlite

:roll: As I was saying, anyone have the cinelli RAM or have comments about it?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com