Parlee Z3SL

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I like the new paint job! You really know how to customize, one of my favorite colors.

Nice web site you have also, enjoyed visiting it, all the bikes really stand out. Kids look like they are some lucky peeps. Are you and your son riding the STP this weekend? If so, one day event? Hope to see ya two.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

linus

by linus

:shock: Ratical. I like it.

marecej

by marecej

thats what I call A LOT of stickers :oops:
Unno Horn = 8100g
Ellsworth Truth = 9371g

jmg3

by jmg3

isnt this the same bike from a few months ago that was yellow and black?
| adiStar Comp 4 |

jipperd

by jipperd

yup for sure
Last edited by Powerful Pete on Sat May 22, 2010 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Snipped the quote. PP

frikinspit

by frikinspit

TheBugMan wrote: Are you and your son riding the STP this weekend? If so, one day event?

Unfortunately we are not going to be able to do the STP. Two dislocated ribs (#4 & #5 on the right side) and a dislocated shoulder have sidelined me from riding for the last month. :cry:

jmg3 wrote:isnt this the same bike from a few months ago that was yellow and black?

Same bike. It was nude carbon before with yellow/blue wheel decals. I think the green is a big improvement.

Thanks to all for the nice (and some neg :wink: ) comments.

elviento

by elviento

Considering it's a full customized paintjob, and the fact that it's difficult to pull off green, I'd say a big thumbs up.

The components mix is very unique and interesting. Certainly beats your standard WW set up (Lightweights/Clavicular/AX-Lightness, etc.) which has been repeated a lot.

Besides, based on OP's own website, it appears OP likes colorful designs and there is nothing wrong w. that.

I'd be interested to know about the backwards mounted front brake, though. It wasn't installed at your friendly neighborhood WalMart, is it (sorry, can't resist it)? Seriously, is it by design? What's the impact on performance?

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

That sux man. I'll be on the lookout for team frikinspit rolling around Seattle.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

I think I like it. It may be a bit over the top but in the right way. Only thing I can come up with is the bit of red on the Rams.

How much does the saddle actually weigh? I'm a wee bit interested in that particular model.
- Papa R. Fresh

ecl2k

by ecl2k

I checked out your website and I must say you bring the same sense of style to EVERYTHING you do!!

and your kids ride on RECORD!!!

frikinspit

by frikinspit

elviento wrote:I'd be interested to know about the backwards mounted front brake, though. It wasn't installed at your friendly neighborhood WalMart, is it (sorry, can't resist it)? Seriously, is it by design? What's the impact on performance?

The Brake was meant to be mounted reverse. I had to do a little machining on the mounting plate to get it to fit right, but performance is great. The reason I want to try the M5 or NG is to drop a little weight without sacraficing performance. That means no ZG's or AX Lightness.

rasmus wrote:How much does the saddle actually weigh? I'm a wee bit interested in that particular model.

The weight stamped on the saddle is 95gm, but my scale reads 125gm. Still light. It is as comfortable as my standard SLR. Too bad the weight savings is just 15 gm compared to my 140gm SLR. Is it worth the extra $250.00?? From a purely functional standpoint, NO WAY. But.... it will keep selling for the same reason people shell out $700 for red Record Shifters.

frikinspit

by frikinspit

I have had several requests for a close-up of the head tube from the front so here you go. Those lines you see are the edge of some clear high impact film, the same as the stuff used on helicopter rotors.

I just switched out the brakes to the Negative Gravity Ti Brakes and am very happy with them. The braking power is excellent. Much better than the Zero Gravity brakes I had a couple of years ago and a little better than the Oval's I had on until last week. I painted the pad holders to match the bike. Currently have on SwissStop green pads. Weight savings total is 201 grams!!!

I had been running Nokon carbon housings for the brakes for almost a year without incident. I know that Nokon says that this is not recommended, but I tried them anyway and have been happy up until I installed these NG brakes. The leverage/pull must be much stronger on the NG because my first test ride in front of my house one of the carbon housings exploded. Enough with that. I immediately switched out the housings with Nokon black alloy. I am still using the carbons for the derailleurs.

Last edited by frikinspit on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jonjones13

by jonjones13

Gotta love the Parlee - in the process of getting my Z3SL built up now - can't frikkin' wait !
Jon

tochnics

by tochnics

i cant see any of the pictures, repost please
Join the light side

a light bike does make you go faster unless you are slow

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd