spad or extralite wheels

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

kkleen

by kkleen

anybody know where to get spada or extralite clincher wheels in the US? I have only found the italian websites. The extralite wheels seem very light. The extraclimb slc they say is 1360G per pair for a price of about $599 Us dollars. Ultraclimb sl is rated at 1190G per pair. Also have looked into Nimble spiders about 1350 per pair $550. Any experiece with any of these? Thanks

I am 175 pounds and never have a durability or spoke breakage probelm. i currently run 3 yr old american classic 350's

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

A guy on my team had extralite something and the rims were really flexi! he also cracked a rim by kicking it as it flexed so much and he lost two spokes. So that was the reason for kicking the wheel.

I wouldnt get them. He was ...about.....60kg

big fellow

by big fellow

he damaged the rim by kicking it - I find that a bit hard to believe.... :shock:

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

send him an email:

empirekid(AT)hotmail.com his name is Paul Crake, he was 6th in Tour De Austria last year and third in Australia championships this year!

jartzt

by jartzt

I had Nimble build a set of Spiders for me as fast training wheels. Mine are about two years old and have 7000 miles. Very light. Stay true. Great service from Nimble. I would purchase from them again.

big fellow

by big fellow

jartzt wrote:I had Nimble build a set of Spiders for me as fast training wheels. Mine are about two years old and have 7000 miles. Very light. Stay true. Great service from Nimble. I would purchase from them again.

spoke count? your weight?

I worked out, according to their website that a wheelset to put up with my weight is not that light after all, though not a bad price

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com