Giant TCR Advanced - Size XS.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alpine

by alpine

I'm thinking about building a TCR advanced for someone who is 164cm tall (5ft 4.7in), with an inseam length of 75cm (2ft 5.5in). She could go either way on the size (S or XS) - although the XS might be a better fit.

My question is this: Can you carry 2 full waterbottles (750ml) in a size XS frame? the seat tube length of 42cm sounds scary short to me - no room in the triangle for any bottles at all! Plus it sounds a bit out of proportion too (rear triangle must be very shallow). I haven't seen any pictures of the bike and there are no bike shops in the area with an XS for me to look at.

Does anyone have an XS giant? What does it look like? Any pictures to post?

I would love to build up a Scott CR1 Limited XS frame but there are none left :cry:

Thanks!

weiwentg

by weiwentg

I have a custom Seven with a 41cm seat tube (very short legs, the TT is 55.7!). I can carry a full bottle in the downtube cage. the seat tube cage, I can carry a medium size (>500ml, <750ml) bottle. if I could get a side opening cage, I could carry a full bottle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ShinyBaldy

by ShinyBaldy

alpine wrote:I'm thinking about building a TCR advanced for someone who is 164cm tall (5ft 4.7in), with an inseam length of 75cm (2ft 5.5in). She could go either way on the size (S or XS) - although the XS might be a better fit.

My question is this: Can you carry 2 full waterbottles (750ml) in a size XS frame? the seat tube length of 42cm sounds scary short to me - no room in the triangle for any bottles at all! Plus it sounds a bit out of proportion too (rear triangle must be very shallow). I haven't seen any pictures of the bike and there are no bike shops in the area with an XS for me to look at.

Does anyone have an XS giant? What does it look like? Any pictures to post?

I would love to build up a Scott CR1 Limited XS frame but there are none left :cry:

Thanks!

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos.php?i ... -Seeharfer

It'll end up looking like this

rico

by rico

Armwarmer slippage. Eugh :lol:

kAb

by kAb

Alpine, i noticed you mentioned her inseam when determining what size to go with... The inseam is not the most important factor when determining size. It is her torso length that will determine whether a S or XS is suitable, if she falls inbetween the two sizes, go with the XS. I have many XS TCR's in the shop I work at, I will throw cages on one and tell you ease of getting them out on the XS, I've put 28oz bottles on the S without any problems. I'll let you know the result. I recomend getting a bike fit done by a LBS that uses the bikefitting.com system, have someone that knows what they're doing run the fit.

alpine

by alpine

kAb wrote:Alpine, i noticed you mentioned her inseam when determining what size to go with... The inseam is not the most important factor when determining size. It is her torso length that will determine whether a S or XS is suitable, if she falls inbetween the two sizes, go with the XS. I have many XS TCR's in the shop I work at, I will throw cages on one and tell you ease of getting them out on the XS, I've put 28oz bottles on the S without any problems. I'll let you know the result. I recomend getting a bike fit done by a LBS that uses the bikefitting.com system, have someone that knows what they're doing run the fit.

Thanks! I look forward to seeing any pictures if you have a camera. :wink:

drjones96

by drjones96

My wife's size medium Monok is a compact frame and she can't get a full sized bottle in the seat tube cage....just won't work. If she uses a short bottle it works though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com