Hi.

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Manatee

by Manatee

My name is Peter (aka Manatee). I found this forum while researching frames for my next bike, which I plan to build the fall or so.

I currently ride a Serotta Legend Ti with Campy Record and Mavic wheels (the ones with the 1 red spoke). I want to build up a carbon-frame bike with one of the upcoming grouppos this fall (or whenever they arrive.)

My old bike is an Eddy Merckx frame of TSX in Kelme colors, currently with 9-speed Record.

I also have a carbon Trek hybrid (rarely used), a red Specialized Fatboy (never used -- virtually unridable), and a Litespeed Ultimate (1997) frame that I never really bonded with.

I'm just a recreational rider now -- 30 pounds past by youthful weight, nearing 50 years, but I like all the cool gear I couldn't afford when I was a thin, fit, young cyclist in the '70s/'80s.

Anyway, this looks like a great place, full of great people and information.

My current ride: Serotta Legend Ti with Campy Record

Eddy Merckx Century (originally built up in 1992)

Litespeed Ultimate (1997 -- meaning to build it up and sell it since about 2002)

The Fatboy... Has anyone else on earth purchased one?

Which would you rather change by the side of the road?

Trek hybrid - can't remember why I bought this one

Three's a crowd... or so says my wife. ;)

My first road bike was a purple Peugeot UO-8 (1973), but I don't think I ever had a photo of it. Sold it in a yard sale around 1985.
Last edited by Manatee on Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
Peter
About Me

Cycleman07

by Cycleman07

Welcome to the board...I am sure you get a lot of imput that is valuable here.
2006 Bianchi 928 Reparto Corse

Chris Rock on Bush: He has *f##k* up so bad that it's hard for a white man to run for president.

Obama '08

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Welcome to WW and nice bike! There are plenty of great (friendly) members here that can help with your new build.
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

frd

by frd

At first I completely disliked the colors, but on a second look I must say it looks quite good with the components you've chosen. Nice bike!

boarder1995

by boarder1995

I like that serotta - good clean build. I LOVE that Merckx - don't change a thing, well except for a better photo to do it justice. The Litespeed is on the right track for a weight weenie bike - just leave off components to shave weight! Now, that fatboy could probably lose a few pounds in some areas to get it more on the weight weenie side.

Manatee

by Manatee

boarder1995 wrote:INow, that fatboy could probably lose a few pounds in some areas to get it more on the weight weenie side.

I have to take the Fatboy to the zoo and weigh it on the elephant scale.
Peter
About Me

Manatee

by Manatee

boarder1995 wrote:I LOVE that Merckx - don't change a thing, well except for a better photo to do it justice.

I wish I had kept all the original parts I used in the original build -- the original Ergo Power levers, old Chorus calipers (I never like the parallelograms), old-style crank with flatter arms. I can still put regular wheels on it to make it look a bit more retro.

The geometry of the Serotta is modelled on the Merckx, but with shorter seat tube to better fit my short legs.
Peter
About Me

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

That Fatboy is one of the coolest bikes I've seen in a long time (^_^).
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Manatee

by Manatee

TheBugMan wrote:That Fatboy is one of the coolest bikes I've seen in a long time (^_^).

Thanks. I think I'll put red Speedplays on it to kick it up a notch -- and give it that edge in authenticity.
Peter
About Me

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com