On the road today...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

are you wearing baggy shorts?? :shock:
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Timo

by Timo

Yup, allways. Adidas baggy for downhillers. A left over from the days (well, actually 10 months ago) when I was 123 kilos and did not feel well in tight cycling shorts. But 38 kilos later it has become VERY baggy.
And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Timo

by Timo

I guess today's outfit was even worse :wink:

154 km at 28.5 km/h: the bottle contains a carbon Topeak pump, a can of Pittstop, an inner tube and two tire levers. I don't drink at all during rides (yes, its bad and no, I can't change that habbit)

And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

Timo wrote:I guess today's outfit was even worse :wink:

154 km at 28.5 km/h: the bottle contains a carbon Topeak pump, a can of Pittstop, an inner tube and two tire levers. I don't drink at all during rides (yes, its bad and no, I can't change that habbit)

I am very uncomfortable criticizing but OMG you are messed up. 154 km no water? Habit? WTF? :shock:

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I use to ride hundreds of miles in the Alabama summer heat but got tired of pissing pure yellow acid from my weenie. I bought a couple bottles and never looked back.

You got a nice stretched out position there Timo. Where's the front LW?

"And if I ever meet an aardvark, I'm going to step on its damn protruding nasal implement until it couldn't suck up an insect if its life depended on it"...
I like that, lookin' out for us bugs (^_^).
CLICK HERE to see my weenie

Click THIS to hear what happens when I see your and my weenie.

Timo

by Timo

We had to cross a 29 km dyke and ride another 35 km along the coastline (see the pic) so I expected quite some wind. The front LW is not the best choice when there's a lot of wind. Fortunately it turned out to be a very calm day.

As for water: I drink before and after a trip. But during a ride it just doesn't work for me.

rustychain

by rustychain

At last we have a solution to the clincher vs tubular debate :wink:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

the things you come up with when there's too hot to work, and too much work to ride:

:idea:
Last edited by tymon_tm on Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

simon
Resident Pro

by simon

i asked myself now "how does he grab the handlebar"... then realised you really had to work and weren't just watching dvd's :doh:
the keyboard might be shot know from the mixture of sweat and the weight of your body pushing against it. show a pic of you actually riding/working in that configuration please!

Willier

by Willier

Can`t you just take 2 hours for yourself and go riding :idea: :roll: Then you will be more productive

tymon_tm

by tymon_tm

i could take two hours, but 2h on a bike translates to smth like 3h total (get dressed, eat, then come back, take a shower, rest, eat, etc..)

the other day i had to prepare few offers till a deadline ~noon, and they forecasted heavy rain soon after, so even though i don't work in advertising i figured some creativity-based exercice would be a nice thing :idea:

gotta say it wasn't that comfy as it looks to be:lol: , the biggest problem was the table being still a bit to low. plus when you're on a trainer you wobble a bit and that makes fast writing pretty complicated.. but i managed that pretty well :D

i'll post pics with myself during a hard office action as soon as i establish my backyard office again (i'll see this week whether my work was fruitful or not :D )

ed: the keyboard is just dust from an unpaved road

Timo

by Timo

A friend of mine had to take some pics for a photo course he's doing. Today I was the "target" of his camera...

ras11

by ras11

tymon_tm wrote:the things you come up with when there's too hot to work, and too much work to ride:

Dude... you rock! I would give you double extra points if you told me your trainer was a electric generator for your laptop.
:-) Toys-R-Us

rustychain

by rustychain

Yep, today I'm riding on an 85 mile mtn loop. Perfect weather. Legs are feeling great. Climbing up the final 1/2 mile of a 5 mile climb and as I come around a switchback I have this bear with two not so small cubs looking at me from the road approx 25 yards from me! I stopped (duh) and looked back at the bear. I'm trying to decide if I should go back down the mtn that I just climbed or wait the bear out. I happen to notice a buzzard in a dead tree looking over me, geez. Well the cubs moved off the road so I waited out the mama bear. Finished my ride thank you and had a great day. On reflection I'm thinking I was fairly lucky (stupid is also a word that comes to mind). Bears in my area tend to be under 300lbs and not very aggresive IF no cubs are involved. I'm off now, time to wash my shorts http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-na ... ly.Attack/
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roobay

by Roobay

Just back from 14 days in Italy
i like people... i just can't stand assholes