bigger, stronger, faster

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Interesting new movie about PEDs and sport.

http://www.biggerstrongerfastermovie.com

the basic point: everyone is doping.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hyde

by Hyde

I was watching a you tube vid about Fausto Coppi. I guess he was asked if he had ever taken performance enhancing durgs. His reply..."When ever it was necessary". So he was asked "when was it necessary?" "When ever I could"

pinky

by pinky

as a high school teacher and track coach I can't wait for this, thanks for the heads up

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.

And I have had conversations with guys I rode with who used to kill me and they would smugly tell me "Well, you just have to work harder. You're not working hard enough". Then come to find out that these same people were shooting adrenaline, hgh, steroids, EPO just to do training rides with the local chain gang.

Frustrating as hell I can tell you. But what does it say about guys who dope, train like crazy and are still pack jelly in their CAT 3 races?

We've created a culture where people refuse to accept their limitations and are convinced that there are shortcuts to EVERYTHING.

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Ding !... Well said... rack him..

J-Nice

by J-Nice

Just saw the movie yesterday afternoon. I recommend it highly.

Definitely an eye-opener to all those who think performance-enhancing drugs are only a sports issue.

micky

by micky

Hope it will be able to download it sooner or later!

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

J-Nice wrote:Just saw the movie yesterday afternoon. I recommend it highly.

Definitely an eye-opener to all those who think performance-enhancing drugs are only a sports issue.

#1 abuser of steriods is 14-19 yr old high school girls just trying to look buff.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

J-Nice wrote:Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.

Thus the point of Governor Arnold. He took all the dope he could survive, cheated to win, then became a state leader with absolutely no qualifications or education.

Good video by Dick Butkus on what happens to NFL players (average life expectancy, 55)

http://www.scribemedia.org/2006/12/01/d ... -steroids/

rustychain

by rustychain

DocRay wrote:
J-Nice wrote:Its' not the steroid use that bothers me-its' the hypocrisy that goes along with it. The fact that we here in America are told by our teachers since the first grade that we can be anything we want to be if we work hard enough when it simply is not true.

Thus the point of Governor Arnold. He took all the dope he could survive, cheated to win, then became a state leader with absolutely no qualifications or education.

Good video by Dick Butkus on what happens to NFL players (average life expectancy, 55)

http://www.scribemedia.org/2006/12/01/d ... -steroids/

That qualifies him to be president :wink:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com