HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:33 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:35 am
Posts: 1474
Can any of you guys who go on and on about the same issue(resolving nothing along the way) please explain to me how the racing speeds have not gone down one kilometer, despite one doping scandal after another?

In fact, right after the Festina scandal the very next year the Tour was won at record speed. How is this?

No evidence-no crime. Leave it up to the labs to get the cheaters. It is an imperfect system, but it is all we have for now.

Whatever else is going on is not doing the riders nor the sport any good.

Three different federations with three different sets of rules, some contradicting each other and getting in each others' way.

Why?

Because claiming ultimate authority seems more important than helping to rid the sport of cheaters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 1150
pritchet74 wrote:
Skyleth wrote:
nickballard2712 wrote:
But can we all agree that an anonymous lawsuit is a rather odd reaction for someone who has nothing to hide


that's a logical fallacy that you've got nothing to fear if you have nothing to hide


Exactly - if you were clean then you'd welcome a testing of the B sample.


it's funny on one hand, scary on another to read such comments

being an US citizen, and having all those endless crusades for democracy in your backyard, you should know where it (the democracy) starts and where it ends.

it concerns all of us, who live in modern democratic countries, where rules are set to be followed, not to be omitted. there's no 'good will' explenation here - by supporting accusations lacking any evidence and trying to dig an 'alternative' way through, you therefore act against democracy and the whole system that makes our lifes fat&comfy.

after policy has been tightened here nad there (in some countries) we've all whitnessed what a shorten leash means - i'm talking airport controls for instance, which clearly went out of control in many occasions. or look under how huge ostracizm the arabic population has gotten, e.g. students

so you shouldn't be suprised if they come knocking to your door saying smbd said smth about you having child porn on your PC

you say it's too far from this so-called anti-doping war? it's the same level of recklessness in interpretating the boundaries of law. and the same 'good will' excuse, or macchiavellic cliches like "it's the child porn owners who brake the rules" or "if he's innocent he has nothing to fear of".

that's what Stalin and those who took after him used to say too :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:26 pm 


Top
  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:41 pm 
Offline
Formerly known as PezTech
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:37 am
Posts: 5705
Location: Phoenix Arizona
cyclewheels wrote:
so what's your opinion that a lawsuit has been filed for slander?


Found it.


I'm not sure what to feel about Susanne. I think she was foolish for talking to anyone other than the authorities about this, wether true or not.

But I don't think someone in her position should suffer if she's telling the truth.

I hope the truth comes out for either her or Leogrande.




As for "Lil M :waving: tt"...

maybe "Defendant" will give him the attention that "white rapper / midget pyro-stripper / car salesman / web training guru / washout doping cyclist turned antidoper" failed to bring.


I think Mat Decanio is a joke. He's the only guy I know that has failed to get any benefit from doping... Twice. First a user, then an accuser...


I'm for fighting doping. I'm not for self promotion under the guise of fighting it.


The only evidence I think Matt brings to doping is that some people genuinely need medication.

_________________
charles@pezcyclingnews.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:43 am
Posts: 569
Location: The 'Dena
The people giving all the chat about "he never tested positive"should just wake up.. most of the top riders who have been convicted never actually tested positive.. just take off your blinkers. Its just a reality... all the denial and putting your head in the sand wont change what really goes on.
Look at the other thread re Balco.. he's the one who knows and he's telling i like it is...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:35 pm
Posts: 1150
dolophonic wrote:
The people giving all the chat about "he never tested positive"should just wake up.. most of the top riders who have been convicted never actually tested positive.. just take off your blinkers. Its just a reality... all the denial and putting your head in the sand wont change what really goes on.
Look at the other thread re Balco.. he's the one who knows and he's telling i like it is...


we're not talking denial, we're talking slander and populism

even if there is some thruth below, what we're supposed to do in your opinion? what should the 'authorities' do? ban them all? who'd judge who's to ban and who's not? on what basis? common believe? one man 'having the knowledge'? gimme a break, it's a child's play

that's exactly the same stuff you get to hear about politics, officials, lobbysts, etc. so there are individuals 'who know the truth and they're telling it'. they often end with half-page apologies on a daily, or compulsory donating money for charity for offence and slander

those who really have the knowledge, and can support it with evidence, go and quietly co-operate with prosecutors instead of making fuss over themselves..


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lippythelion and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:14 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB