This is how they do it - Another doping thread

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

NS

by NS

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympic ... 403158.stm

Now this is what I call coming clean.

Athletics but it makes interesting reading IMO

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Very interesting how the authorities make it easy to cheat and pass the test even today. Thanks for posting.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

jeeez thats a lot of stuff
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

HillMut

by HillMut

currieinahurry wrote:jeeez thats a lot of stuff
tikka

no kidding... :shock:

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

It's funny, cycling is the most slammed sport for drugs...and now, it's the only one I'd consider paying attention to any more.

Theres a whole lot more of this going on, and it takes a 'holistic' view across the swhole sport. Unfortunatly, cycling has started to *f##k* that over, with teams leaving the Teams association and breaking their own rules in search of better riders on the cheap, and the schism between the UCI and WADA.

But at least cycling has done something.

Becuase I would put money on the % of drug cheats at the higher eschelon of any sporting group as being the exact same 10 years ago.

Now, I think theres some serious change. I think cycling is perceived to have handled everything the wrong way in a pr sense, but in the long term, I think it's the best.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

dolophonic

by dolophonic

Well this guy is telling it like it is...especially at the end of the interview when he discusses the mindstate of a doper..

There was a HBO real sports episode with the same guy where they discussed the clear.. amazing story.

nickballard2712

by nickballard2712

Wow, at least he's being helpful for the future.

The one thing that stood out was the reduced off season testing surely its common sense to think they'd be doing more doping then purely by having less/no competition commitments

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

This has come up at AACTD meetings. There are many drugs and methods that are not detectable, because it's difficult to distinguish exogenous for normal, endogenous, especially since they are rapidly broken down and the metabolic products look identical in tests.

The tests lag behind because good scientists aren't working on this, they have more important, real diseases to deal with rather than the entertainment industry.

Interesting use of modafinil, in a recent article in Nature, it turns out from a blinded poll that many US scientists polled were taking modafinil to improve mental acuity during grant writing. The drug action of modafinil is about the same as a cup of Starbucks coffee. This leads to the discussion of whether safe enhancement is ethical. From what I can see in cycling, it's a slippery slope when doping starts and get very, very complicated -easy to see how mistakes can be made with timing.

It's also been presented so many times, in so many ways, that passing testing proves nothing.
Google: Results 1 - 20 of about 88,500 English pages for _doping_, _cycling_ and _denies_. (0.33 seconds)