Astana in the Giro...

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

pritchet74

by pritchet74

NS wrote:Euro I think you need to take a look at www.iwanttoturneveryfcukingthreadintoat ... oneoff.com I reckon it would be right up your street

:exactly:
Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

pritchet74 wrote:
NS wrote:Euro I think you need to take a look at www.iwanttoturneveryfcukingthreadintoat ... oneoff.com I reckon it would be right up your street

:exactly:

:thanx: It's about time!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cdiaz

by cdiaz

I dont understand how everyone bashes on astana, while there are a lot of people who have been banned or have admitted to doping and yet they're welcomed and seen as ANGELS (IE: Millar) to some cycling fans. Im all for second chances but in my opinion myoure guilty until proven otherwise.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:if it's ok for ogrady, mcgee, millar, backstedt, danielson, zabel, valverde, deluca and the rest then why not astana?

I don't see anyone questioning Lemonds wins when he rode for Gan even though several Gan riders from the past have dodgy reputations..........

Well maybe it's because he, like Bachstedt and Danielson :roll: have never been suggested or linked to anything to do with doping...

But then that's not at all to argue the point and I agree that Astana n their current form are cleaner than others that have been happily invited...

gumgardner

by gumgardner

djconnel wrote:How much does it weigh?

:D :D :D :D :D Now that's funny

Zeed

by Zeed

Astana is just receiving bad publicity for past riders. I'm not saying I like them or their riders...some of which were implicated (yes I know, implicated) in doping scandals. Please, don't lecture me about how they were they were only implicated because to me, it seems that it is fairly difficult to be named in an investigation as large as Puerto and not be involved at all. Granted, I acknowledge it totally possible.

Astana's invitation to the Giro will make the race more interesting for sure. Contador is a fun rider to watch (and we get to treat ourself to Levi following wheels like always, what an exciting tactic!).

So to me, there are positives and negatives. These are just my opinions...

BenCousins

by BenCousins

Ha ha ha ha! I see what you did there, you made a funny URL! That was really funny when Mike Myers used it in the second Austin Powers movie nine years ago!

Sadly, this thread is already about doping without my comment, because Astana were previously not admitted to the Giro because half the squad were caught juicing last year.

We could just keep the blinkers on though! Ignorance is bliss! The ignorant are always happy! My sport isn't *f##k*! La la la I can't hear www.cyclingnews.com

(I did a URL joke too!)

redevoke

by redevoke

PezTech wrote:
Rodrego Hernandez wrote:if it's ok for ogrady, mcgee, millar, backstedt, danielson, zabel, valverde, deluca and the rest then why not astana?

I don't see anyone questioning Lemonds wins when he rode for Gan even though several Gan riders from the past have dodgy reputations..........

Well maybe it's because he, like Bachstedt and Danielson :roll: have never been suggested or linked to anything to do with doping...

But then that's not at all to argue the point and I agree that Astana n their current form are cleaner than others that have been happily invited...

Why even mention Danielson. He is a stand up guy who doesn't deserve to be pulled down with anybody else that has a marked past.
Your Bike Sucks
2007 Kestrel Evoke
Record Group

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

redevoke wrote:
PezTech wrote:

Why even mention Danielson. He is a stand up guy who doesn't deserve to be pulled down with anybody else that has a marked past.

the point is that he hasn't exactly got a squeaky clean past but as your comment proves peoples thoughts are the opposite to the current thinking about the astana team, he is free to race based on facts and proof alone and fair play. Just don't criticise Johan Bruyneels current team without considering the past misdemeanours of other riders who are racing.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

cdiaz wrote:I dont understand how everyone bashes on astana, while there are a lot of people who have been banned or have admitted to doping and yet they're welcomed and seen as ANGELS (IE: Millar) to some cycling fans. Im all for second chances but in my opinion myoure guilty until proven otherwise.

No, sorry, even when proven guilty fanboys still support their countries heros. Look at the Pantani fanclubs.

The Giro is really never been concerned about clean racing, they never took back the Great Basso's win. Astoner's re-entry just gives me a reason to ride more and watch RAI less this month.

Can someone name a Giro winner in the last decade that hasn't been linked to doping?

redevoke

by redevoke

Did I miss something? Was danielson suspected of doping at any time?
Your Bike Sucks
2007 Kestrel Evoke
Record Group

djconnel

by djconnel

redevoke wrote:Did I miss something? Was danielson suspected of doping at any time?

Only unjustified speculation from Matt DeCano:
http://su13.us/press_release__deplorabl ... ing?sign=1

If Danielson is on a program, though, he should demand a refund.

CharlesM

by CharlesM

redevoke wrote:
PezTech wrote:

I think were making the same point...

But lets get back to naming half of the riders on Astana who were caught juicing??? :lol: :lol:

NS

by NS

DocRay wrote:
Can someone name a Giro winner in the last decade that hasn't been linked to doping?

Cunego

redevoke

by redevoke

djconnel wrote:
redevoke wrote:Did I miss something? Was danielson suspected of doping at any time?

Only unjustified speculation from Matt DeCano:
http://su13.us/press_release__deplorabl ... ing?sign=1

If Danielson is on a program, though, he should demand a refund.

Yeah because his TDG win in 05 wasnt all that great. He also should have ridden with all those broken bones and illnesses lately.

That press release is BS
Your Bike Sucks
2007 Kestrel Evoke
Record Group

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com