Cervelo RS 61cm: Update - Build complete, Pics

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Anaszi

by Anaszi

micky wrote:One of the biggest frames Ive ever seen! :shock:

You Italians are just little people :wink:

Very nice bike (in a very common size here)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

How does the ride compare to that of your F10? Very nice bike, by the way.

DC41

by DC41

Big Ben wrote:DC41, Why did you choose a RS instead of a R3?

And, after riding it, do you feel that you made the right decision?

I chose it for two reasons...

I'm not as flexible as I used to be, and the longer headtube eliminated 20mm of spacers. I don't know if you can see it in the pics, but I have about 70mm of drop between the saddle and the top of the bars, and that's with the 20mm of spacers installed on the RS, so I'd have to have 40mm of spacers on an R3.

Second... it was cheaper. I think $400 less. It rides the same as the R3 I test rode, so I'm glad I didn't pay more.

Yes, I'm happy with it.
Self-Proclaimed Resident Master Fattie - Vicious DC Slither

DC41

by DC41

RTW wrote:How does the ride compare to that of your F10? Very nice bike, by the way.

The BBs are comparably stiff, the Canyon's front end is stiffer, and the RS is more flexible vertically. Whether the above is good or bad really depends upon personal taste.

I read elsewhere on the forum that the 08 Canyon's are designed not to be as stiff as the older F10s, and that has me a little worried. I had planned to sell my F10 and get a new Canyon. But if they have indeed softened it up a little, I think it would ride just like the RS. And I don't want another RS :D . I'd rather keep the stiffer F10, so I have a nice choice between the two.

Does that make any sense? :oops:

Newton

by Newton

Oh damn.... YOU'RE a GIANT!!!
Nice ride...enjoy :wink:
Last edited by Newton on Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Xray

by Xray

How abou riding position between RS and F10? Which one is more comfortable? If you have to buy a new Canyon, would you buy 62cm or 64cm frame?

My measurements are same as yours and I'am thinking between those two sizes.

CippoForLife
Shop Owner

by CippoForLife

I know what you mean. I love my 07 F10 for its stiffness and direct front end steering. Particularly compared to some of my other, softer bikes like the Fondi Carb Lex. It would be a shame if they made the 08 more compliant at the loss of stiffness.

Mike

DC41

by DC41

Xray wrote:How abou riding position between RS and F10? Which one is more comfortable? If you have to buy a new Canyon, would you buy 62cm or 64cm frame?

My measurements are same as yours and I'am thinking between those two sizes.

The 08 Ultimate has different geometry than the F10 - at least the published specs are different. There's a post on here about 2 months back that compares the two. If I do get the 08, I'll still go with the 64cm simply because the headtube is longer and that means fewer spacers for me. I think I would need a 140mm stem on the 62 as well.

I was able to get the RS setup to within millimeters of the F10, so my position is the same on each. Be be honest, I think wheelset/tire choice make a bigger difference in the way these two bikes ride than the frame (if that makes any sense). But if you like super-stiff everything get the Canyon. If you like a little more flex vertically, get the Cervelo.

Either way... I think they are very comparable.