custom aero crankset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sajudice

by sajudice

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could direct me to the custom aerodynamic crankset (thin frontal area, but wide) that I remember seeing in one of the posters bicycles here in the last couple months. I cant remember the maker of the cranks, or the poster, or what words to use to find it. Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows if there is still a supply of the Murray tour de force cranks floating around, I would realy like to find out. THanks again!

Stephen J

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

Not the FSA aero cranks then?

sajudice

by sajudice

[quote="zebragonzo"]Not the FSA aero cranks then?[/quote]

No,

Not those. THe ones that I am talking about look much more aero (although I know that looks dont mean squat if you have numbers, which I dont) due to the narrow frontal area. They also look much more slick than the FSA; and Im not talking about the sronglight dinner-plate crankset (no offense, but I would [i]almost[/i] not use them due to cosmetics if they proved to be a superior crankset...and I could afford them).

Stpehen J

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

by Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez

You must talking of the cranks used by BMC and Floyd Landis especially. If yes, that was something custom, and not available I think.

mythical

by mythical

custom aerodynamic crankset (thin frontal area, but wide)

I have such cranks as you describe currently under development. Its arms will be made from a well-known specialty alloy, the design features superb stiffness and lower weight than anything on the market (much higher STW). I have 3 different designs of which 2 were shown at Interbike last year. Infact, one of which on a 8 Lbs Ruegamer (see image), the lightest bike on the show I believe.

Custom lengths will be possible as well as custom Q-factor. 130BCD only, 37T small ring (so no need for compact), lots of heel clearance. Patent pending specialty clamping mechanism and chainring interface. Mountain version to follow...

If you can spare a few months more will be made known.

sajudice

by sajudice

Hi,
No thats not it. I just found the thread:

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... ht=#375779

Thanks everybody!

Stephen J

[quote="mythical"][quote]custom aerodynamic crankset (thin frontal area, but wide)[/quote]

I have such cranks as you describe currently under development. Its arms will be made from a well-known specialty alloy, the design features superb stiffness and lower weight than anything on the market (much higher STW). I have 3 different designs of which 2 were shown at Interbike last year. Infact, one of which on a 8 Lbs Ruegamer (see image), the lightest bike on the show I believe.

[img]http://fairwheelbikes.com/nils/Ingenu/minimg/Ingenu_Myth_prototype_-_Interbike_2007_-_18_tny.jpg[/img]

Custom lengths will be possible as well as custom Q-factor. 130BCD only, 37T small ring (so no need for compact), lots of heel clearance. Patent pending specialty clamping mechanism and chainring interface. Mountain version to follow...

If you can spare a few months more will be made known.[/quote]

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Now that the original problem has been solved, it's time to take this one :offtopic:

mythical, how are your pedals coming along?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

mythical

by mythical

sajudice: that's a proper aero crankset! it looks awesomely aero! Powercranks remind me a bit of those...

mythical, how are your pedals coming along?

dear Ypsylon, i'm doing cranks first. they're almost done. when they're finished, i'll focus on the pedals.
its a matter of months and pk0r will probably do a scoop once they're done. meanwhile, i'm not really here ;)

HammerTime2
Location: Wherever there's a mountain beckoning to be climbed

by HammerTime2

mythical, how are those cranks coming along?

Valbrona
Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

by Valbrona

Stronglight X-Wing? http://www.stronglight.com/stronglight/ ... gTimeTrial

Also available as a triple.

NWSAlpine

by NWSAlpine

roca rule

by roca rule

they look like zipp vuma

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components