Dura ace VS FSA Cranks

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

cdreek57

by cdreek57

I've the opportunity to have either a dura ace or a FSA Carbon pro crankset enough cheap.

What do you think about these? Which one is the best? (stiff and weight above all)

Thanks for answering. ;)

Cdreek.
Last edited by cdreek57 on Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superlite

by Superlite

Well that depends on a few things. First off is it the new dura ace or old? If new that grab it, if old FSA.

The FSA carbon cranks are quite a bit stiffer then the old dura ace, I actually upgraded from dura ace to the FSA team issue and noticed the increased stiffness right away. Very stiff.

Hope that helps.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

cdreek57

by cdreek57

Sorry, I didn't specified... :oops:

I spoke about the '03 dura ace and the '04 FSA

The FSA team issue is wonderful and seems to be a very good one, but unfortunately, it is very very expensive.... :cry:

For 200€ (about 190$) I can get the dura ace or the FSA... good deal or not? :P 8) (Stupid question, I know...but maybe there is cheaper anywhere else in europe...)

Cdreek.

Superlite

by Superlite

I say go with FSA, even the Pro is stiffer then the Dura Ace, plus you have to cool factor of carbon.

cdreek57

by cdreek57

It's what I thought...

In fact I ride a Trek OCLV USPS team, (so the frame is also in carbon) and what good BB do you recommend me ?

thx ! :wink: :wink:

Cdreek.

Superlite

by Superlite

Well that depends on the interface. Is it square taper, octalink, or ISIS? If square taper I have no clue, don't have any experiance with them. Octalink you can either go Dura ace or Ultegra. The Ultegra should last forever, literally, but weighs 50g more then the DA. I've been ridding on the DA for 10000 miles without problems, but it does require more maintainence, around every 5000 miles, much more if you ride in the rain alot. ISIS I've never actually used, but I think the best one out there is the new AM Classic. It's cool because it has replacable bearings and only weighs 141g. Only bad thing is it's a bit pricey, around $110.

So if your under 160lbs and don't ride in the rain very often then the DA octalink is the way to go.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hilite

by hilite

cdreek57 wrote:The FSA team issue is wonderful and seems to be a very good one, but unfortunately, it is very very expensive.... :cry:

For 200€ (about 190$) I can get the dura ace or the FSA... good deal or not? :P 8) (Stupid question, I know...but maybe there is cheaper anywhere else in europe...)

Cdreek.

in germany 249€ (fsa team issue)! I don't konow any better price, do you??
i bought one a few weeks ago, shimano&campagnolo available!
bikepalast-they have got no email, but i could give you their ph.number! but i could not imagine they are able to speak english..