Fibrelyte 52/38 Carbon Chainrings
Token alloy chainring bolts
KMC X10SL Chain
KCNC Seatpost
Selle Italia SLK saddle
Easton EC90 Carbon Stem
Easton EC90SL Equipe Por Bend Bars
M5 Ligfietsen Brakes
Dura Ace STI Shifters (Tuned with BTP clamps and ti hardware)
Dura Ace Front Derailleur (Tuned with Ti pins and adjusting screws)
Dura Ace Short Cage Rear derailleur (Tuned with ti adjusting screws and b-tension screw, carbon cages, KCNC ceramic jockey wheels, Jagwire rocket carbon cable adjuster)
M2 Seatpost clamp
King Titanium Bottle cages with ti bolts
Easton Tempest II 50mm Carbon wheelset with ceramic bearings
Tufo S3 Lite Tubular Tires
KCNC 12-25 cassette
Nokon Carbon Carbon Brake & Derailleur Cable housing IO Dupont liners and Power Cordz Cables
Speedplay X1 Ti pedals
Specialized S-works BG shoes (US 9.5)
Giro Atmos Helmet
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 5 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skunk

by Skunk

you can host your pictures here

http://imageshack.us/

chrisxc

by chrisxc

Super nice build!

Super steal for under $6K, well done!

Now show us pics! :)

Have fun with it!
ride it fast

520 Dan

by 520 Dan

I would also consider the Reynolds Black Ops wheel for your sub 1000 gm wheelset as it will be more aero than your KOM/tune build.

alexedge

by alexedge

Sounds like an awesome build - although personally I'm not a big fan of the Shimano ergonomics, but to each his own. I had the opportunity to test ride a Ghisallo a while back at a Litespeed demo day, alongside an Archon and Icon, and I was surprised at the great feel of the frame - after all I'd heard about it being flimsy and flexy. Of course, I'm 5'10" and 134lbs, so I'm not exactly a powerhouse. Still, I would love to own one, and would already if they weren't so damn expensive. Still keeping my eyes out for a used Ghisallo in my size (approx. 54.5 top tube, if anyone happens across one!)...

Anyway I would really like to see some pics...

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I'll post a photo of the final build in the next few days.

Luc

by Luc

Damn hot ride ...

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Pollice verso.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I still don't have a scale so I can't ay how much the seatpost weighs. I'll let you know. It's much lighter than the 27.2 Easton carbon seatpost I had in my last frame.

As for the Shimano Ergonomics... I have Shimano on all my bikes. I'm considering switching to SRAM Red for this build, but I'm reluctant to switch to a completely new style of shifters. I'm not sure how smooth the transition would be switching between bikes with different shifting. I was also able to get my Dura Ace rear derailleur down to 148 grams (weighed on a friend's kitchen scale). That's less than Red.

We'll see what happens when my wallet recovers. The wife and I are considering enlarging our family so I may not be spending too much $ on bikes this coming year.

The fact that I'm about to take command of a minesweeper was a helpful argument in building up my non-magnetic dream bike. hahaha

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Here is how I got my 182 gram short cage Dura Ace rear derailleur down to 145 grams...

Dura-Ace Rear Derailleur New In Box RD-7800SS short Cage
* Alloy hanger bolt
* Alloy cable clamp bolt
* Alloy plate Axle bolt
* Jagwire carbon Rocket cable adjuster
* KCNC Ceramic Bearing jockey wheels
* Alloy mech jockey bolts
* RS P carbon outer plate
* RS P carbon inner plate
* Titanium Spring

Total cost for parts listed was about $100.00. Pics to follow.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

I just returned from a month and a half at sea to find my new Alpine digital scale waiting in the mail. First thing I did was eigh my Ghisallo. I'm a bit disappointed to find it weighs 12.8 lbs or 5.7 kg. I was hoping to be under 12 lbs. I guess I'm going to have to go all out and build up a sub-1000 gram wheelset. Anyone have suggestions? I'm thinking Tune or Extralite hubs, Sapim C-Xray spokes, and a carbon tubular rim (Lew perhaps). Or am I better off buying a set of prebuilt wheels like LW?

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

12.8 lbs is super light in my book, but I suppose if you're a had core WW it's still too heavy (^_^)

Welcome back! Are you stationed at Yokosuka? If so, where do you ride around there? Is that Kendo Dojo still out the main gate?

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

deleted
Last edited by xnavalav8r on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Pictures of the completed bike will be posted soon. M5 brakes, Nokon carbon cable housing with Power Cordz are the only additions. Still planning on a Schmolke TLO handlebar and lighter stem. Wheels are going to be an issue...

jjmstang

by jjmstang

1st of all I'd like to thank you for serving our country.As far as a sub 1000g set of wheels, check out this review of the new Edge composite rims
http://www.fairwheelbikes.com/forum/vie ... php?t=4437
cost should be around $2200 or so.Good luck.

John
Friends don't let friends ride clinchers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

xnavalav8r

by xnavalav8r

Thanks John. I appreciate the support and the link to the wheel review. I have to admit, I really do prefer the look of a slightly more traditional wheel... meaning one with steel spokes vs. the Lew or LW composite spokes. Funny thing to consider a 38-50mm carbon rim traditional...