lightest non Rocket7 Shoe

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Paco Bonnin

by Paco Bonnin

Carnacs have way more arch support and a wider toe box area. Shimanos are flatter and narrower. Shimanos may have the edge on weight.
BURN YOUR LEGS, NOT OIL!

cadence90

by cadence90

Thanks.
That's a bit different than what I understood him to say, but he did say they were very similar and that either one would be his recommendation.

I also have flat feet, so I guess the Carnac would be better?
Any particular model you recommend?
Do you know basic Carnac size equivalents to Sidi/DMT? (Because I may have to order online; no one around here has Carnac in my size.)

EDITED: never mind: I found this chart on Competitive Cyclist:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/za/CCY?PAGE=SIZE_CHART&SIZE_CHART.ID=2
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Paco Bonnin

by Paco Bonnin

Carnacs are slightly bigger. If you have flat feet you should stay away from them, as the pronounced arch section will make your feet so sore you'll cry. Really.
BURN YOUR LEGS, NOT OIL!

kkleen

by kkleen

I decided to go with rocket 7's last summer. sent in tracing of my foot to get the correct size, so this was considered a non-custom shoe. It was $359. ABSOLUTELY the best money spent. These things fit like a glove out of the box, they are literally slipper light. They weigh as much as one of my winter booties! 3 straps instead of the bulky ratchet system is a perfect setup and they look good to boot. They are holding up perfectly and are stiff, yet comfortable and much lighter than any other shoe i looked at. with rotational weight always being an issue, these shoes should seriously be considered

rico

by rico

Paco Bonnin wrote:Carnacs are slightly bigger. If you have flat feet you should stay away from them, as the pronounced arch section will make your feet so sore you'll cry. Really.

This is absolutely true. I went from Carnac to Sidi, which I got used to. Then back to my old Carnacs for a race because I thought they'd be stiffer. The pain was incredible.

Shimano 215s are v nice.

rico

pk0r

by pk0r

What do the Poggio IIIs weigh?
Also has anyone yet weighed the Kyomas - I don't trust DMT here.

And: do the Rocket7 shoes all look like on the HP?
I am not a stylist, but to me they look more than odd and cheap - no matter which color. :roll:
| works for an European bike manufacturer |
| "I respect the work in coloring parts but the result is stupid-monkey in silk clothes is still monkey." |

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

if someone in europe can show me a site to order them off I will buy them and then weigh them. My LBS cant get them for some reason!

Kyomas, DMT