CALLING FRANKIE WWOTY Congratulations Adrien! Voting Closed.

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.

Vote for Weight Weenie of the Year!

Poll ended at Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:16 am

Adrien
46%
Madcow
19%
Pkor
15%
Currie
20%

Total votes: 54

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Well the poll is between these people….

Adrien
Madcow
Pkor
Currie

Who all got four or more nominations. Special mentions go to all others nominated

Mzagorski
Casran
Strobbekoen
PezTech
Samu Ilonen
LJ
Jbbikerider
Simon
Samu
mr.thi03
pritchet74
evenfasterson
Euro
Zakeen
Jay Cee
Jarek
John949
Rustychain
DocRay
Leg11
Last edited by RTW on Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Maybe we should make this a sticky in the road section too ?

Jasperr

by Jasperr

Maybe you should post some links to nice topics of the nominated ones in wich they're presenting there projects or other nice threads.

mzagorski

by mzagorski

Why can't the special mention folks listed be added to the pole?... Is a poll limited to 4 choices on WW?

lone wheeler

by lone wheeler

apologies if i missed it somewhere, but shoudn't there be an end date to the poll?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

@ Lone.... yes there should... but... I am in Taiwan this coming week. I thought I would end it on Wed 19th.

@ mzagorski, a poll is limited to 9 options (I think) and therefore I couldn't add everyone. Sorry. I simply looked at who had got the most nominations and took the top four.

R

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I'm going to say thanks to all the great Weenie's (yes yes, you sleazy bastards :roll:) who've made informed, interesting, and educatoinal posts. And the few who've managed to lighten up things a bit here.

I'm not going to vote, because to be honest, Currie is a great guy, same with Adrien, Madcow and pk0r, but, I'm not sure if I'd vote for any of them. I haven't been that present on this board this year, but from what I've seen...I'm not sure what constitutes my criterion for WWOTY any more, but sorry guys, since my gut feeling says I can't distinguish between you four, so I can't ethically cast a vote.

(Might change my mind in a bit though :D)

However, that doesn't mean I don't appreciate the effort that many of you put into this board. What you contribute is exceptionally appreciated, even though I don't necessarily express it all the time, but I'm consistently grateful to the work of MZagorski, Currie, Samu, Rue and DocRay. They are the cream of the crop, but I'm just as appreciative of them as I am of every other poster who contributes something meaningful on a regular basis, and doesn't post tripe. And isn't bluebird (sorry Lew. If you don't get it, don't worry).

*edited out*
Last edited by Skillgannon on Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

mzagorski

by mzagorski

well, 24 names are listed. I'd have put 3 poles for 8 names... then pick the top 3 from each of those, create a 4th final pole.. a bit like track racing. prelims and finals :roll:

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

mzagorski wrote:well, 24 names are listed. I'd have put 3 poles for 8 names... then pick the top 3 from each of those, create a 4th final pole.. a bit like track racing. prelims and finals :roll:

Well you had three months in which you could have set that up, but you chose not to.

mzagorski

by mzagorski

well, i don't run the WW site so I don't feel in a position to set rules / candidates for a competition. before, WWOTY seemed to be run by Madcow/LJ with various awesome prize donations. This year, dunno, seems like it's taken a step back.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Everyone, it's just a title. It won't bring you riches, bounty or men/women, so just share some love, whoever wins it, wins it, who cares.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

SDP

by SDP

not sure what the voting criteria is here ...

is it a popularity contest ?
is it who has spent most in the year on exotica ?
is it someone who has made a breakthrough for the WW cause ? ie lightest bike ever ?
invention/modification ?
most posts ?

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Please see this thread for further details.

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum ... hp?t=37210

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

SDP wrote:not sure what the voting criteria is here ...

is it a popularity contest ?
is it who has spent most in the year on exotica ?
is it someone who has made a breakthrough for the WW cause ? ie lightest bike ever ?
invention/modification ?
most posts ?

Officially? It's meant to be the person who has contributed the most informatively to the board. Realistically...popularity contest. Ideally - a mix of both, with popularity based on contribution not personality I guess.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

KB

by KB

I think RTW's selection method is OK, otherwise it just gets cumbersome. Currie would get the populist vote with many, but for me it's ultimately about what they bring technically and news wise to the board.

It's for the above reason I voted for Adrien, with Madcow being very close with his tech reviews.