HOT: Active* forum members generally gain 5% discount at starbike.com store!
Weight Weenies
* FAQ    * Search    * Trending Topics
* Login   * Register
HOME Listings Blog NEW Articles FAQ Contact About




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 30, 2006 10:38 pm
Posts: 1206
Location: NorCal
I just had this emailed to me. Wonder if anything will come of it....

PRESS RELEASE: Stolen Underground's Secret Recording States Leogrande used EPO and testosterone
02-23-2008

Stolen Underground secretly recorded former Rock Racing staff member Suzanne Sonye's account of Kayle Leogrande admitting to using EPO and testosterone during Super Week of 2007 after being tested by USADA.

To watch the video please visit www.su13.us and remember to support our cause and Suzanne. This was a difficult decision for us to release this recording because...

Stolen Underground was not given permission to secretly record Suzanne or to play the video/recording that we have made.

We sincerely apologize to Suzanne but we feel that it is in the best interest of the anti-doping movement in cycling that this information be released now, as opposed to later on in the season when it will eventually come out during court proceedings regarding the lawsuit by Kayle "JOHN DOE" vs. USADA.

We feel as the undisputed leaders of the "REAL" anti-doping movement that the world needs to hear the facts straight from the horses mouth.

The guiding principle of Stolen Underground is to keep it real to the highest level and to share all information with our supporters without fear of repercussion. We have always been completely honest with our supporters and will continue to speak our minds to fix the sport of cycling when need be.

We apologize to Suzanne for any hard feelings but we strongly feel that everyone needs to hear this recording and in doing so will help the case and to bring public support of Suzanne.

Recently Michael Ball was quoted on the Versus Network during coverage of the Amgen Tour of California as saying that he believes in giving people 2nd and 3rd chances as long as they are progressing in life. We also believe in this, but ask Mr. Ball, "How do you call lying about doping, and suing USADA progressing in life regarding to Kayle Leogrande? How could you possibly call that progressing in life, when this lawsuit will take away money from USADA that could be used to fight doping?"

Stolen Underground suggests that the UCI and USA Cycling immediately suspend Kayle Leogrande and the entire Rock Racing team from further competition in 2008, and deny them starts in every Pro Tour event.

Rock Racing has knowingly rehired a rider who has admitted to the Rock Racing Staff in 2007 of the use of EPO and testosterone.

Thank you for your support.


Top
 Profile  
 
Posted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:36 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:22 am
Posts: 3657
Location: Leg hurty
What can you say.......guy gets busted then gets busted by a load of lynchers??
Is it like wild west style conviction without trial?
Leave the law to the people in the system, thats my opinion.
You can't just make the law, its there to protect the guilty and the innocent too.

_________________
Pedalling Law Student.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:58 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:17 am
Posts: 1003
Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:42 pm
Posts: 3914
Location: lat 38.9677 lon 77.3366
I will not address the subject of possable guilt. This looks like a witch hunt to me, not the way to put forward your claim of doping. As these doping scandles move forward it looks to me like EVERONE has an aggenda.

_________________
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:10 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2323
Location: eh?
RollinOn27s wrote:
Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.


Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:31 am 
Offline
Formerly known as PezTech
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:37 am
Posts: 5701
Location: Phoenix Arizona
So a secrete taping of a second hand account...


:roll:


Looks like the suite against USADA might be one of two cases here, the second from Suz versus "lil-matt"?

_________________
charles@pezcyclingnews.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:17 am
Posts: 1003
Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.


Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?


I have no clue. They very well could be.

But a non-official (not a wiretap, etc.) recording, with no names of the two people talking mentioned, is hardly evidence. Again, you and I could call each other, put it on speaker phone, start a tape recorder, talk about Paolo Bettini, and call that evidence of anything. Is it? Most certainly not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:38 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:39 am
Posts: 1688
Location: Los Angeles=Hills, Smog
I didn't like the whole website. It smelled of over anxious Witch Hunters. I'm all for convicting the guilty but that's too much like teenage activism.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:23 am
Posts: 487
Exactly. Matt DeCanio's current attitudes make David Walsh look like Bjarne Riis.

_________________
Zealots beware.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:12 pm
Posts: 2323
Location: eh?
RollinOn27s wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.


Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?


I have no clue. They very well could be.

But a non-official (not a wiretap, etc.) recording, with no names of the two people talking mentioned, is hardly evidence. Again, you and I could call each other, put it on speaker phone, start a tape recorder, talk about Paolo Bettini, and call that evidence of anything. Is it? Most certainly not.


In situations such as this one must always question motivation. Why would the lady on the tape lie? If there is no reason to lie then she is likely telling the truth. And if she was lying then why is this clown suing to stop test of the B sample?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:57 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:02 pm
Posts: 1940
Location: Getting dropped
Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
Mr.Gib wrote:
RollinOn27s wrote:
Sorry, but a taped, recorded (phone?) conversation is not a video, nor is it evidence of anything at all.

I can get my mom to record a conversation between her and my dad swearing that Rasmussen was clean, and that doesn't mean it's the truth.


Do you think that the person who is being secretly recorded is speaking truthfully?


I have no clue. They very well could be.

But a non-official (not a wiretap, etc.) recording, with no names of the two people talking mentioned, is hardly evidence. Again, you and I could call each other, put it on speaker phone, start a tape recorder, talk about Paolo Bettini, and call that evidence of anything. Is it? Most certainly not.


In situations such as this one must always question motivation. Why would the lady on the tape lie? If there is no reason to lie then she is likely telling the truth. And if she was lying then why is this clown suing to stop test of the B sample?


Um, because his A sample was negative and WADA's own rules state that if the A sample is fine you can not, under any circumstances, test the B sample. The lawsuit was to get WADA to follow it's own damn rules.

_________________
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2004 3:31 pm
Posts: 879
Location: Hollywood
There's so much to say here, but I can't.

But really, it's hysterical that people on this forum keep defending, or rather, keep giving the benefit of the doubt to all these "suspect" riders. It's starting to piss me off, actually.

_________________
The Chronic


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:02 pm
Posts: 1940
Location: Getting dropped
ElDuderino wrote:
There's so much to say here, but I can't.

But really, it's hysterical that people on this forum keep defending, or rather, keep giving the benefit of the doubt to all these "suspect" riders. It's starting to piss me off, actually.


How he is "suspect"?
Has he failed a drug test?
Has he been caught with any illegal substance on his person?


If you're okay to dally in rumor and hearsay that's fine, but it's not proof of anything.

_________________
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm 
Offline
Formerly known as PezTech
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2006 12:37 am
Posts: 5701
Location: Phoenix Arizona
So a guy who didn't fail a drug test and is simply going to court to defend himself a clown,

But a guy who couldn't hack it in racing even with being an admited doper and now runs a website featuring pictures of himself flexing his abs between two blue flashing lights while selling cars deserves the benefit of doubt when posting an unverified recording of a second hand account?

I look at "Lil Matt" and and am kinda sad, as I support some of what he's for and used to really like him as a rider.

Now it seems like he's simply using dope to try and get some attention and popularity in cycling again and this way doesn't work either.



Dude be pissed if you want, I respect that as I don't like doping either....

I get pissed too.

At folks tossing people to the wolves when they themselves would HATE to be judged under similar conditions in their job...



Kale may very well be dirty and if it's proven out, then FU*& him. Personally I like to see both sides of it because there's good dope fighting and there's BS like what happened to Moninger... I hate to see someone lose a living based on anything that isn't solid.

_________________
charles@pezcyclingnews.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:34 pm 


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:11 pm
Posts: 1101
Location: Out there
ElDuderino wrote:
There's so much to say here, but I can't.

But really, it's hysterical that people on this forum keep defending, or rather, keep giving the benefit of the doubt to all these "suspect" riders. It's starting to piss me off, actually.


Very true, there are always ways for the cheats to keep one step ahead so maybe it's time to fight them via alternate means. Not letting Astana ride the Tour sends a pretty harsh message that even if you're too clever to get caught, you'll lose out in the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ] 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Waves77 and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Advertising   –  FAQ   –  Contact   –  Convert   –  About

© Weight Weenies 2000-2013
hosted by starbike.com


How to get rid of these ads? Just register!


Powered by phpBB