Fashion Weenies: Help with Seat/Tape Color on Canyon F10

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

What color saddle/tape?

Red
21%
White
54%
Other
25%

Total votes: 24

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

Okay, so I just ordered this frame--a '07 Canyon F10 from Canyon's Outlet: (sorry to "borrow" your pic EURO, Canyon's pics are tiny)

The buildlist will pretty much be a parts transfer from my Giant (see signature line) except for picking up a KCNC seatpost to replace the Extralite.

The one thing I'm worried about is all the white. If the frame had black decals then this probably wouldn't be a problem, but with the silver I think it may be TOO white with white saddle and tape. So, the question is: do I take the red speedneedle from my Fetish (see below again) and find a new saddle for it (there will be other red bits), do I just go with the white speedneedle from my Giant, or should I consider another color (black, silver, etc.)...then match the bartape accordingly?

I'm in the States, so it'll be a while before I get the frame; starting to obsess over it already :oops: Sorry for all the parenthesis... :?
Last edited by Mottsauce on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cheers!

by Cheers!

I voted for white. Else I would find a grey or silver saddle + bar tape

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

White.
Hell yeah!

Roobay

by Roobay

White witha "Grey" Carbon stripe :D
jr
i like people... i just can't stand assholes

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

all black parts with orange tape and a orange speedneedle or a black arione with an orange stripe. How about that?

It bashes the current fashion of white, but I think it will look stupid good, because with such a white and silver paint job everything white will take it over the top.
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

frankie might be onto something will be like a proper dutch build with orange bar tape and saddle
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Rasmus
Administrator

by Rasmus

Don't listen to that bloody Dutchman. Clearly he has put too much LSD on his bowl of morning cereal.

White or black. It's incredibly difficult to match different color nuances.

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

Plain white'd look wrong and you'll just feel silly when white is too common (not too far away now!).

A custom fizik with white sides and a red stripe down the middle, white tape, red hudz and silver/red nokons are what you need!

Oh, and get that stem sprayed!

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

Frankie - B wrote:all black parts with orange tape and a orange speedneedle or a black arione with an orange stripe. How about that?

My speedneedles have been much nicer to my backside than my arione was, so I want to stick with one of those. Do they make orange or would it have to be custom? I've only seen: red, blue, yellow, black, white... :noidea: It's an interesting idea though.

Rasmus wrote:Don't listen to that bloody Dutchman. Clearly he has put too much LSD on his bowl of morning cereal.

White or black. It's incredibly difficult to match different color nuances.

I appreciate the style police chiming in, and all white is probably how it will end up (at first at least) because I already have the parts, but I could be convinced otherwise. I agree with the comment on matching bits; 15 shades of orange would be worse than Frosty the Snowman rolling down the road.

I'm still open to ideas. Thanks for the replies thus far. I've heard that the red/orange stripe looks red in some light and orange in others, which could wreak havoc on a red or orange color scheme. Any current '07 white F10 owners care to chime in on that red/orange accent?
Last edited by Mottsauce on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

can i also say the if EURO see's you have used his pic for a thread on bar tape he may actually kill the entire ww population.
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

currieinahurry wrote:can i also say the if EURO see's you have used his pic for a thread on bar tape he may actually kill the entire ww population.
tikka

I did apologize in advance for doing so...kind of like apologizing to the shop owner as you steal money out of the cash register. I fully accept this as a ridiculous/trivial thread, but there's ice covering the streets, my new frame is floating somewhere around Germany, and I was off work yesterday...what's a guy to do?

Cheers!

by Cheers!

on second thought, I think a orange speedneedle, White bar tape, black hoods, and orange cable housings would look cool.

Jagwire makes orange cable housings.

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

Cheers! wrote:I think a orange speedneedle

This is the second time that it's come up so I'll ask again, do orange speedneedles exist?

Taz

by Taz

Mottsauce wrote:
Cheers! wrote:I think a orange speedneedle

This is the second time that it's come up so I'll ask again, do orange speedneedles exist?

No, but the yellow looks more like orange than yellow.

P.S. Go for the white look.

Jasperr

by Jasperr

Take a white saddle, like an SLR or specialized. And take a red Fizik bar tape.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com