How often do you get a flat?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

How many flats do you get a year?

1 or less
40%
2-5
44%
6-8
10%
9-10
No votes
11 or more
6%

Total votes: 63

Chasing Dreams

by Chasing Dreams

On my dual circular velocity machine, I only get a puncture about once a year and I do enjoy regular jaunters with the local boys. However, watching coverage of duals between the grown men shows that there are many breeches in their steeds.

Why would this be? I fancy the PR2 delicacies but they are hardly puncture proof heavy weights.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Mottsauce

by Mottsauce

Are you a 19th century British butler? I'm an English teacher and rarely encounter diction such as yours. Welcome to WW though...lots of characters around here.

swinter

by swinter

On my Vittoria Open Corsa Evo CX, I think only 1 last year. But more than that when I was running the Pro Race 2s.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

Between my Conti GP4000S and MichProRace2 tires and over 3400 miles no flats. I'm sure I just jinxed myself here.
"Really fast people are frustrating, but they make you faster. When you get faster, you might frustrate someone else."

2009 Trek Madone 5.5 Project One SRAM Force 16.4 lbs w/pedals and cages.
2007 Bianchi 928 Carbon Lugged- SRAM Rival-17 lbs.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

Mottsauce wrote:Are you a 19th century British butler? I'm an English teacher and rarely encounter diction such as yours. Welcome to WW though...lots of characters around here.

HaHa! Poor dream chaser, weenies locking your post and talkin' smack.

I said 2-5 but sometimes go for a year without one. Then again, I'll get 10 in 24hrs once in a long while.

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

:? :roll:

Dir Sir

I am posting this in the fondest regard that you shall be able to rectify an uncertainty of mine. While in perusal of the morning periodical, I stumbled upon your interestingly phrased article on page three, and once again on page fourteen, in the road and cycle chat sections respectively. Could you please help me out with the issue of...wtf?

Thankyou kindly good sir, your speedy acquiescence to this request will be greatly appreciated in the resolution of my mental vexation.

Hoping you are in good health, kind regards,

Sir Andrew Christopherson-Sheeny-McTawp that fourth.

....It depends on tire quality, environmental issues (like the prevelance of thorns close to the roadway), road quality, kilometers traveled, rider + bike weight (and weight distribution), frequency of rotation of tires/tubes from front/back old/new tires and tubes, type of tube and tire, the presumption of consistent correct installation of the tire and tube and even possibly the local temperature, if we are starting to go down to finer issues. Just curious as to why you were asking?
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

Chasing Dreams

by Chasing Dreams

Mottsauce wrote:Are you a 19th century British butler? I'm an English teacher and rarely encounter diction such as yours. Welcome to WW though...lots of characters around here.

I'm pretty sure I've been around longer than you have here. I've been lurking for about 8 years now.

Chasing Dreams

by Chasing Dreams

Skillgannon wrote::? :roll:

Dir Sir

I am posting this in the fondest regard that you shall be able to rectify an uncertainty of mine. While in perusal of the morning periodical, I stumbled upon your interestingly phrased article on page three, and once again on page fourteen, in the road and cycle chat sections respectively. Could you please help me out with the issue of...wtf?

Thankyou kindly good sir, your speedy acquiescence to this request will be greatly appreciated in the resolution of my mental vexation.

Hoping you are in good health, kind regards,

Sir Andrew Christopherson-Sheeny-McTawp that fourth.

....It depends on tire quality, environmental issues (like the prevelance of thorns close to the roadway), road quality, kilometers traveled, rider + bike weight (and weight distribution), frequency of rotation of tires/tubes from front/back old/new tires and tubes, type of tube and tire, the presumption of consistent correct installation of the tire and tube and even possibly the local temperature, if we are starting to go down to finer issues. Just curious as to why you were asking?

Frankie was mad. Mad for power, so he decided to pick on me. I still haven't found out if liposuction is considered doping, even after googling it.

I'm asking because the pros seem to get so many flats in their races that it would make more sense for them to run more durable tires than those cheap tubulars.

I'm wondering if other people get flats as often as the pros do and don't you get frustrated by all the occurrences. I have only ever gotten one flat while out riding my bike and that was because I was riding on worn down tires. Every other time I have had a slow leak and my tires flatted while not being used. I can count the total number of flats in all my riding on my hands!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Pro's...cheap...tubulars

I stand by my wtf

.....this isn't the right kind of website for a poe either.

:?
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

TheBugMan
Location: Seattle ZOO - AfterReceivingComplaints, MyAvatarIsNowChanged. IGiveYouMySexyMug.

by TheBugMan

I like you Chasing Dreams because you're a tick, and I like bugs (^_^).

I get most flats in race conditions or low light levels. Once I had six flats in one hour from a horrible road I shouldn't have been riding on (glass & nails everywhere). I also tend to crash in the same conditions (>_<)' Every once and awhile you'll get a freak puncture cruising on a smooth road (screw or something), maybe you are lucky.
Does not mater how cheap your tubes are. A pit bull can run up on you at any time and rip your wheel apart.

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

Had two last year.
Hell yeah!

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Chasing Dreams wrote:I'm pretty sure I've been around longer than you have here. I've been lurking for about 8 years now.

That is funny. The forum just opened on the 11th of june 2002
'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

TheBugMan

by TheBugMan

LOL! I knew there was something special about my blue blood sucking friend... he's from the future!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Not the future, the past! Examine the quality of his language! (I'm now living in fear of Frankie's avatar attacking me while I sleep...because of the time difference that is, not because of creepy sneeking into my house at night :roll: - Frankie's cool :) )

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rustychain

by rustychain

I fear not Frankie-g's aviator but damn if I didnt spray my computer with bug spray thanks to thebugmans aviator :oops:
WW Velocipedist Gargantuan