W.W.O.T.Y. 2007....?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

currieinahurry wrote:how you know about tha dude?

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l144/ ... 00179a.jpg

8)
tikka

I missed that round, and still havent won one yet. :lol:

Back at uni now but im doing the round on Feb the 2nd with some training in between so hopefully get that win.

My bro bust his arm there on saturday. :?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Rodrego Hernandez

by Rodrego Hernandez

strobbekoen wrote:Bravo.
And what point is that exactly ?
Let me think.. Those who left and don't post anymore are just posers who can't find exciting new toys to boast about anymore because everyone else has them too ?

This type of comment really sums up the petty bitterness that has come to permeate the board. Why post this comment? What did you expect to achieve?

[edited by Frankie => no need to call each other names.]

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Rodrego Hernandez wrote:This type of comment really sums up the petty bitterness that has come to permeate the board. Why post this comment? What did you expect to achieve?

oops :lol: Sorry if I offended you. I am not petty or bitter at all. This is a board open to everyone. Your opinion is the forum is not what it used to be and there is no need for a WWOTY anymore. My question is, where are the previous ones ? It's better to contribute than leave or complain that what you read here is not what you like anymore. Do something about it :D

Luc

by Luc

Juanmoretime wrote:Personally, WWOTY was fun but maybe its time to move on.

:goodpost:
Pollice verso.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

perhaps it is time to move on.

But if there is an objective to try and improve the tone of SOME of the postings, making them more positive, less name caling etc etc, then I would have thougt having a WWOTY was one of the few ways the mods can"reward" positive behaviour & posters as oppposed to merely castigating and censoring the negative ones.

in short, you need to give out some gold stars as well as the odd fatal beating..
"I saw you with elephants hosing down some dwarves on black and white TV" - Ode to Anthony H Wilson

rebizap

by rebizap

I vote for samu and his kitchen!

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

WWOTY is clearly something that is wanted by some people here, and for that reason it is something that should be recognised. I think the award lost its meaning last year when the winner promptly stopped posting for the most part.

It is only a bit of fun, and that is what the forum is too. Tikka is clearly someone having fun with builds, with riding and has enthusiasm. His post above shows why he is as good a candidate as anyone. He is new to the board, and clearly fits the criteria most people have for what is needed here. I don't understand the moderators resistance.

pritchet74

by pritchet74

RTW wrote:WWOTY is clearly something that is wanted by some people here, and for that reason it is something that should be recognised. I think the award lost its meaning last year when the winner promptly stopped posting for the most part.

It is only a bit of fun, and that is what the forum is too. Tikka is clearly someone having fun with builds, with riding and has enthusiasm. His post above shows why he is as good a candidate as anyone. He is new to the board, and clearly fits the criteria most people have for what is needed here. I don't understand the moderators resistance.

:exactly: :goodpost: :thumbup:

LJ
WWotY 2006 / Smart convert

by LJ

Koen......those are some pretty cruel comments considering you havent had the courtesy to consider whats going on in my life right now.

I would have thought what I'd done in the past and what I continue to do now, behind the scenes, would be more than enough to justify my place here. Perhaps I'm wrong. I will say...the guys that know...know.
Last edited by LJ on Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

LJ, no offense was meant, so I apologise if I offended you.

However my comment was neither cruel nor did it require the courtesy to think about what is going on in your, or anyone elses life right now. It was simply an observation and was free from malice or judgement.

insider

by insider

Luc wrote:
Juanmoretime wrote:Personally, WWOTY was fun but maybe its time to move on.

:goodpost:

seconded. Personally, I wish the board was as it was 4 years ago. I was never a fan of the WWOTY thing but I'm not taking anything away from LJ. He was / is a good contributor. it is a real shame the board has taken a complete nose dive in the past 2 - 3 years.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

and with 19 posts i find it hard to see how you would have helped at all to keep the board how you would have liked..
tikka
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Touché 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

insider

by insider

currieinahurry wrote:and with 19 posts i find it hard to see how you would have helped at all to keep the board how you would have liked..
tikka

i have a second id with a lot of posts and have been on this board longer than you have been a member. back in the good old days, over 4 years ago, this board was great. now it's full of people who are full of..... you fill in the blank. Most of the really good contributors left.

back then, we didn't have a need for a wwotr... or an unofficial one at that