Frankie B's Moderating

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
userdeleted

by userdeleted

collegiate racer :lol:

gotta love em

spytech

by spytech

i think the forum has grown enough to have a "general" or "general mayhem" forum. i think it would be easier to spot the bad or un-wanted threads on their own forum ("general" or "general mayhem"), instead of finding a needle in a haystack in the road or mtb section. so if a thread is made for this type of talk it would be easier to moderate.

nikh wrote:Thanks for the understanding replies.

Personally I'm 90% for a general forum where we can share ride stories, pictures and just overall general discussions about bikes. But, it brings on a whole lot more moderating as I can envisage a vast amount of topics popping up which in turn each thread has to be read individually which I hope you can appreciate is time consuming!

Without wanting to put Florian on the spot, at the end of the day its his call.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

MGS9500

by MGS9500

A few thoughts.

I started checking this site about 6 months ago when I needed some good feedback on components that I was getting on a new bike build. Many of the other web sites and forums have a lower level of knowledge with many people posting information on basic entry level biking components.

I considered this site elite, people looking for light weight biking information. It was devoid of the other stuff that was filling the forums at other sites. I really don't need to read anymore about whether to shave my legs, biking etiquette, or pros and cons of using a helmet.

I can get this information, chat, banter and gossip at other web sites and forums. There are plenty of groups out there that allow talk about what is considered biking information, but digress to the looks of the podium girls during the Tour.

This is a site that is specific for discussion of bike components, weights and how these top end components perform.

Discussions on anything less degrade the forum.

If needed, a new forum of general discussions should be added, but this one should be kept clean of such ramblings.

And that would include my posting !

C-40

by C-40

Gerry...... always raising the dust

and good to see that Superlite still can't spell....... is this off topic?

userdeleted

by userdeleted

superlite cant spell? he's a collegiate racer...doesnt that mean he goes to...college?

cant ride AND cant spell. well at least he can mow lawns.

Superlite

by Superlite

C-40 Wrote

and good to see that Superlite still can't spell....... is this off topic?

HawkMt210 Wrote

superlite cant spell? he's a collegiate racer...doesnt that mean he goes to...college?
cant ride AND cant spell. well at least he can mow lawns.

There is a word for people like you, but I will refrain from using it. :smartass:

Perhapes Frankie should step in on "his" thread about now....

jer

by jer

Superlite, don't get defensive about your spelling. If you really cared you could always cut and paste your posts into a word document and check the spelling.

As for the current topic I appreciate the work that Frankie and the rest of the crew (esp. Florian) do, but I think that Frankie does shut down some threads that are interesting for a WW like me to read, even though they might not be about the latest gear. However, if that is his direction from Florian, then it is not his fault, but Florian's. So if we want a little more liberty in how we post, perhaps it would be more constructive to request that from Florian.

C-40

by C-40

Well do they make ultralight parts for lawn mowers.........?

jer

by jer

exactly! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Why do such topics always come-up when I'm off for a few days? :|

Most discussions about doping in the past lead to flame wars only fueled by personal conclusions.
Frank closed the thread because it was well on the way to become such a thread.

About a general forum:
I visit many other forums, national and international, and compared to most of them I'm happy to say that even lively discussions here are very civil and (almost) troll-free. I had to observe how other forums turned into a swamp after a general sub-forum was introduced and I think you can understand that I don't want to do that to this forum.
Image Image

PNuT

by PNuT

Mods Rule with big sticks & thats the way it shud stay :!: :!: :!:

big liteweight sticks on this forum tho :wink: :wink: :wink: