Rider looking for sponsorship...

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I know there are a few forum users on here that work for bike companies. I'm a roadie in the US looking for sponsorship. If you're looking for a rider to sponsor to use your product(s) please PM me to discuss further.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BikeTech

by BikeTech

Mr Shinkansen,

Usually it is up to a rider seeking sponsorship to do a little legwork. I suggest you prepare your resume (if you haven't already) and email or mail it to some of the companies you are interested in working with.

Do not forget that sponsorship is earned and not given, so think about what you can do for the company and not what they can give you for free. You are probably aware of this anyway :)

Good luck.

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I've done plenty leg work and sent around my resume with some reasonable success - Seemed like trying on here was worth a shot - You just never know!

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

What category do you race, what region, and what exactly do you expect to get in terms of sponsorship? I'm not a product manufacturer or distributor...just curious...

stephenkchang

by stephenkchang

1st of all do you have a race resume? if you do either post them or email them to me.

2nd where are you. I won't sponsor riders who are not in my sponsors market, so where you are is important. Well unless you're really good.

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I've PM'd you.

1) Yes, I've got a race resume.

2) My location/results etc are on the resume. I'm not Chris Horner (yet)... but working towards that level :wink:

bobalou

by bobalou

You can always just do what this team's doing. Post an add on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7128637295

88a

by 88a

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /jan20news

Scroll down to the bottom, "Meet the Teams" in Northern California.
If you're in the neighborhood, homey.

shinkansen

by shinkansen

I saw that "Meet the teams" link yesterday. The problem for me is that I'm racing at a level above what most of those teams are racing. A lot of the teams in CA are based around riding parking lot crits every weekend. I'm not into stage races at NRC (National level). Not winning them, but learning and steadily improving. 2005 should be a good season for me. Feel like I'm close to getting a ride on a pro team but need that extra push / support to do it.

The teams in the races that I compete in are healthnet, webcor, colavita, monex, sierra nevada et al. Believe me, I've approached them all but there are more riders than slots available on pro teams so competition is fierce.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com