Quickstep team training camp, pics pics pics!

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jay cee

by jay cee

Hey Guys, a few more pics for you! random selection.

J EURO

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Ghastly

by Ghastly

is there a place for us mere mortals in your hotel also??
Thinking off a stage maybe in july... Prices?

pm me if possible!

thx, great pics and training you did there!

the Repeater

by the Repeater

Sorry to QS mechanics who have to grind off lawyer lips like the rest of us!

Tomke's drops are frustrating to look at!
Serious delirium.

ben88

by ben88

Great Photos Jay Cee. Where the latest photos taken today on the riders rest day? What were the quick step team doing on the turbos, recovery, intervals?

Ben

Ghastly

by Ghastly

it looks like they're just trying to loose weight! Legwarmers and longsleeves on turbo trainer? Auch, must have been a small lake under those guys!

literider

by literider

I thought the UCI updated the rule to make it illegal to file down fork tabs, or chop saddles. Did something change?

jay cee

by jay cee

ben88 wrote:Great Photos Jay Cee. Where the latest photos taken today on the riders rest day? What were the quick step team doing on the turbos, recovery, intervals?

Ben

yes photo's from today.
recovery, but I think there were a few intervals thrown in there too!
J EURO

jay cee

by jay cee

Ghastly wrote:it looks like they're just trying to loose weight! Legwarmers and longsleeves on turbo trainer? Auch, must have been a small lake under those guys!

yes, we recycled the water and refilled a local empty reservoir. :wink:
J EURO

clouchi

by clouchi

whats that bloke hack-sawing?

nice thread by the way :)

jay cee

by jay cee

sawing the rear of the fsa integrated TT bar and stem, it doesn't allow the cables to enter the internal routing cleanly.
J EURO

critracer26

by critracer26

OT but whats with all the excalibers?

jay cee

by jay cee

you could check out my signature link :wink:
J EURO

jay cee

by jay cee

OK, today was different.
we had a motorbike with a tv man on the back following us, naturally I dropped off the back of the group, not wanting to spoil their footage with me riding a ridley helium, amongst the pack of specialized´s.
Onwards we went, a brief toilet stop and we were on our way, spiltting into two groups. I chose the Bettini group today, we rolled on, then bang suddenly we were going through and off, ok ok, listen lads I´m not racing so I haven´t got the speed for this. Myself and a rider on a trial with the team sat at the back, however, this is always the hardest place, i´d much prefer to of been rolling through and having that 15/20secs rest in the line. however, it wasn´t to be, luckily i managed to get a slow puncture after a while. thanks!
sorted myself out and trottled on back to my other work. On the way back, there I was minding my own business when Gert Steegmans came literally flying past me. About 20seconds later I caught up with him and we pushed on for a while, until the heavy breathing interupted our conversation. Naturally we slowed down so we could have a good old chat. I have to say, he´s a really cool guy. Not at all as scary as he looks when he is stretching the peloton for Tornado Tom. He talked through the sprint into Ghent in the TDF ´07 that he won. And talked about this killer climb in the ardennes. He is animated, funny, genuine, dedicated and has a passion for the sport.
J EURO

aarw

by aarw

jay cee wrote: He talked through the sprint into Ghent in the TDF ´07 that he won..

so then, was it gifted to him or could tom simply not come round? was there reaction? there's always a reaction... what was it?

great reports & photo's by the way. looks like you have a great set up there, congrats!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jay cee

by jay cee

aarw wrote:
jay cee wrote: He talked through the sprint into Ghent in the TDF ´07 that he won..

so then, was it gifted to him or could tom simply not come round? was there reaction? there's always a reaction... what was it?

great reports & photo's by the way. looks like you have a great set up there, congrats!

not gifted, boonen is the sprints man, not Gert. there was a reaction of sheer joy, no bad feelings. gert said he could see a wheel creeping up, but he was like oh, we've crossed the line, I've won!!!!
J EURO