FSA Orbit Headset question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Villadsen

by Villadsen

Just received a FSA Orbit that I had ordered for my Storck C 0.9 a couple of days ago, however to my big surprise then the thing was delivered with a very cheap looking steel crownrace for the fork although it clearly is stated on FSAs and the retailers homepages that it comes with an alu crownrace. I immidiately contacted the retailer, www.bike-components.de, who was kind enough to tell me that that was the way that they always got them delivered from the German importer and that given that they (bike-components) were not the manufacturer there was nothing they could do about it.

My questions are now: Do other people have the same experience with FSA headsets? Who knows a manufacturer of integrated headset who actually do make an alu crownrace or even better, one in titanium?

This is the headset. On the picture it actually looks as if it has an alu crownrace.
Attachments
FSA.JPG

Villadsen

by Villadsen

Come on guys...... Is there really no one who can tell me if integrated FSA headsets come with steel or aluminium crown race. What about all the Scott CR1 riders..........

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jozuph

by jozuph

there are different orbits around, that you can also see on the website you posted. Yours is a semi-integrated one if i look at the picture, whats the full name of your headset ? It seems you have the cheaper one and that says only upperring from alu (Obere Lagerschale aus Aluminium). That would be the ce, maybe u wanted the cf ?
cheers, jos

Villadsen

by Villadsen

Mine is the CF. I believe top of the FSA range. I dont think the cheaper ones have carbon fibre top.

divve

by divve

The same headset was included with my Fondriest. The fork crown race was aluminum but didn't have a split in it. You can't draw any conclusions by making a comparison between retail and OEM versions. I think the best thing to do is to contact FSA in the US.