Adam Hansen

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

marko wrote:Watts baby, what about the WATTS.

I recieved a very pleasant email from Adam yesterday. Needless to say he's so delighted with this victory... and he had some kind words of courage for my start in triathlon this year (Adam did triathlon from the age of 16 to 20!).
For those who understand, I've written an article on him on my homepage (in Dutch, English version will follow in some weeks): http://www.pieterdeneve.be/index.php?page=nws

I asked for his SRM file, but he did not have the time to answer that question. Anyhow, it's up to him to post info on that or not. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

Adam also took the time to write me a very nice email. I think we all need to get behind him for the road race! :D Go Adam!

pritchet74

by pritchet74

Yup, good luck in the road race Adam!!!!!!!!!!!

havana

by havana

Very nice effort! I Hope this is only the beginning of a great season!
Editor-in-chief CycloWorld.cc - the largest database of gran fondo's and sportives in the world.

swinter

by swinter

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote: He looks to be on a climb (if I'm right he's on the small ring) so may be his shlouders are not in low position like they could be on the flat, when he put more weight on the elbow pads.

Adam has posted his report of the TT:
http://adamhansen.com/index.php?pn=13&racenews_id=136&pg=0

Again: Well done, Adam!
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

ras11

by ras11

Adam for president!

Seriously sweet dude!

Watch out Fabian!
:-) Toys-R-Us

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

C a s r a n wrote:
marko wrote:Watts baby, what about the WATTS.

I asked for his SRM file, but he did not have the time to answer that question. Anyhow, it's up to him to post info on that or not. :)

Arhh You picked up on that one. Im hidding my SRM file. First it goes on my homepage. :hmm:

Yeah I was talking myself down a little before the race. It was xmass time and all, I did have a bad day on the TT bike when I wrote it, but if my comp reads it, which they did, then they wouldnt feel so bad having a few days easy either :lol:

To me it was very very special. Very special, knowing that its possible to win clean is worth much more then winning the jersey. Like you guys Ive even put doubt in riders and no ones but the rider himself, so now I know. Plus it was a TT, so it makes Road Races even more possible. Having said that, it wasnt easy and I trained my ass off for it. But it was worth it.

I know I havent posted in a while, but Im always reading. Not really allowed to touch my bike, so I dont have anything really interesting to add compared to what others have added. But Im always reading.

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Samuel Sanchez Gonzalez wrote:
strobbekoen wrote:
bespoke wrote:
strobbekoen wrote:Congratulations Adam.
Interesting to see his position is not very agressive. Looks good though.

Interestingly, I was speaking to Adam before Christmas about tweaking his road and TT position when he comes to London for his fitting
He said he was very excited as he had never had his position analysed before...
But given he is a national champ his position can't be that bad !!!

Definitely not bad, he looks good and very powerful, the bike is really under him.

He looks to be on a climb (if I'm right he's on the small ring) so may be his shlouders are not in low position like they could be on the flat, when he put more weight on the elbow pads.

After looking at the other pics on cyclingnews.com, I think you are right.
p.s.: Adam, what happened to your custom Giant ?

swinter

by swinter

strobbekoen wrote:p.s.: Adam, what happened to your custom Giant ?

he answered that: see above.

Adam: How about posting a some photos of your ride. And when you get it, we'd love to see a photo of you in your national colors!
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

hotshot

by hotshot

he just finished 2nd in the road race

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

49 seconds behind...so close! Great work Adam
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

Phill P

by Phill P

Great race, good win by Matty Lloyd to win with an impressive solo effort to catch the lead bunch with two laps to go, then continue on to take a lead into the final lap and even extend it.

Was good to see a sprint for the podium spots too.

Big effort by Adam to take out Sotherland for second. Well done to Adam. What a week for him!

Hopefully we see both Adam's and Matt's teams let them show thier colours this year over in Europe. Should be a good year for Australian's in Europe.

Oh and being a Kiwi I also hope to see Julien Dean so well with his new team rather than playing second fiddle to an out of form nord!

hotshot

by hotshot

Here are some pics from todays race more to come

TMK001

by TMK001

Thanks for the pics... nice work again Adam! Unlucky not to go back to back. Someone obviously didnt go to overboard on the christmas pudding.

What are the plans for the 08 season? Paris-Nice? Grand Tours?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

swinter wrote:
strobbekoen wrote:p.s.: Adam, what happened to your custom Giant ?
he answered that: see above.

I am not talking about his race equipment, but the Giant he was building up for himself with the custom paintjob etc.. :wink: