Tyler Hamilton Back

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

CharlesM

by CharlesM

With Rock & Republic US continental...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ElDuderino

by ElDuderino

please. no.

drjones96

by drjones96

I never understood why Tinkoff dropped him. He did his time for blood doping and they knew that up front....then they fired him.... I don't like the cheating but if you cheat and do the time then you've paid your due....so go back to work if you can find a team.

CaptainWilier

by CaptainWilier

drjones96 wrote:I never understood why Tinkoff dropped him. He did his time for blood doping and they knew that up front....then they fired him.... I don't like the cheating but if you cheat and do the time then you've paid your due....so go back to work if you can find a team.

Hey Dr., I think it had to do with Tylers name being found linked to puerto.
MyGiant! MyScalpel!
".....but our amps go to eleven"

2002SaecoReplica

by 2002SaecoReplica

It would appear, judging by Mr. Ball's interview with Velonews, that everyone riding for Rock Racing has this "day to day" contract. So, why not bring Tyler on board if you can terminate his contract at will?
- Zipp rims will break if you look at them too hard
- R-Sys wheels will spontaneously explode
- The ZG crankset will never, ever exist
- Everyone needs Lightweights, even if they're fat and old
- Parts actually made of metal are SO 10 years ago

drjones96

by drjones96

CaptainWilier wrote:Hey Dr., I think it had to do with Tylers name being found linked to puerto.

You're probably right. But that operation was just the means by which he committed his original offense when he got busted. They just didn't want the bad press I guess....but by hiring him in the first place they were willing to take on a fair bit of bad press. Ah well....he's way past his prime anyway so this is kind of a 'no news' sort of story.

swinter

by swinter

drjones96 wrote:
CaptainWilier wrote:Hey Dr., I think it had to do with Tylers name being found linked to puerto.

You're probably right. But that operation was just the means by which he committed his original offense when he got busted. . . .

No, there was evidence of a possible second violation. That's why they let him go.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

mathi

by mathi

Personally i am glad Tyler is back :)

micky

by micky

mathi wrote:Personally i am glad Tyler is back :)

Actually its the same for me, but Im very confused with pros nowdays. I mean big part of my heros has been caught or got linked to doping.

NS

by NS

Perhaps I can use this as leverage to stop the missus purchasing their vastly overpriced jeans

ras11

by ras11

What a comic book...

Hero is just a man, working hard to fulfill his obligations. Hero cheats to keep going. Gets caught by police. Public burning. Hero wallows for years in depression. Hero trys to come back, only to the scorn of the public. People want a hero that is honest and strong enough to be human at times.

Good luck to Tyler. I don't see Rock Racing being any better than Tinkoff for him, but it's a 2nd start. Tyler needs to find a better place to race. I'm not a big fan of Ball.
:-) Toys-R-Us

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Great to see Tyler back, I hope to hear more of his moral preachings and watch his olde now-clean ass get dropped.

Let's see a Hamilton without blood doping, we likely won't see much.

swinter

by swinter

DocRay wrote:Great to see Tyler back, I hope to hear more of his moral preachings . . .

He'll never top his "phantom twin" defense. :roll: What a hoot!
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hyde

by Hyde

NS wrote:Perhaps I can use this as leverage to stop the missus purchasing their vastly overpriced jeans

Better put your bike budget on hold if you leverage for that :wink: