Hello...another PF ZX3

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

Grif

by Grif

Here is my version....very ordinary and extremely heavy (7.4Kg) by comparison to some of the wonderful exotica posted on here. Unfortunately the engine that goes with all my bikes is also very ordinary :oops: :lol: so I don't spend a kings ransom on them.

Only the groupset and frame are new, I already had the wheels, forks, bars etc...saddle, post and pedals are from my other bike which has the same seat tube angle, so I can swap them back and forth. Including what I paid for the bits I already had, the bike cost just over £1000, which I thought was pretty good value.
Due to naff weather and an even naffer cold, I've not ridden it yet, so can't comment on ride quality.

aarw

by aarw

looks honest.... never described a bike that way before....

those reynolds alta wheels?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Grif

by Grif

Don't get me wrong, I'm really pleased with it. The frame is finished very well, is light enough for my needs, and I can't wait to get out on it.

Compared to THIS
though (which is quite fabulous), there is no denying that my bike is heavy and ordinary, but then, my whole bike cost less than one of his wheels :lol:

The wheels are Reynolds

strobbekoen

by strobbekoen

Nice bike.
7.4kg is a pretty good weight actually. Anything around 7kg is light and be honest, you won't tell the difference between 7.0 and 7.4 !

micky

by micky

I agree with strobbekoen; nice weight and nice looking bike!

Grif

by Grif

Thanks strobbekoen....your right, I certainly wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I'm actually very happy with the weight considering the money I've spent... or not spent :)

Thanks micky

dongustav

by dongustav

Is that Ultegra SL with the darker finish? I love the look of it... I prefer the look of those levers & crank to Dura Ace even. Nice build!

Grif

by Grif

Thanks dongustav....yes Ultegra SL, works quite well with the bare carbon finish on the frame.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com