Where Are the Most Bicycle-Friendly Cities in the World?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

GonaSovereign

by GonaSovereign

ProTech wrote:I name Ottawa as best cycling city in North America.

I think you are probably right, but only for seven months of the year. It's frozen the rest of the time.

The riding is very good right out of downtown, whether you want hills or flats. People are generally courteous to cyclists. It's a good city to ride in, but still very much a car town for commuting, unless it's changed dramatically since I left.

tochnics

by tochnics

the cycle roads in amsterdam are good to ride
that is in the weekend when all the people that need to go to their work and shops are at home
traffic is bad in the mid week

i think that the metro and tram,banning of cars and the cycle roads make Amsterdam resonbel to cycle around

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

seriousconsult

by seriousconsult

Boulder Colorado seems good, although it is a very small city. More of a town really. Portland Oregon seems good and is larger. Seattle Washington area seems good too for a larger city.

My bet is that the rest of the US is not so good. Does anyone know about the area outside of Dulles Airport in Virginia?

I have always wondered where all the great Italian cyclist train. The roads I have seen do not even have shoulders.

fatrat

by fatrat

[quote="micky"][quote="KB"]

How about UK ones?

Im supposed next year to go at least once to meet one my friend in Scotland for some cycling (and/or racing).[/quote]

I'm biased, but I like York.