skewers - Tune lookalikes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

I got these "Edge" quick releases through Samu. He found these at Eurobike... some asian guy copied the design of Tune skewers. CarbonSports weighed them a bit more than 60gr, which is actually quite good. And these "Edge" ones can not turn into your spokes (you can not move them any further than shown on the pics); rear skewers is not in the reversed way such as the Tune one.

However, not really an improvement. Only cheaper... I tried them, and will stick to my other skewers (Tune, M2Racer, Extralite). Just wanted to show you this:

Janman

by Janman

On the german Ebay you can find "Figmo" skewers. I have a pair of tunes and a pair of the figmo. The only difference between both brands is the position of the lever. You can push the Tune skewers between the spokes. With the Figmo skewers this is impossible.

But I guess your brand is the same as the figmo's! :D
Pedal it!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

00Nick

by 00Nick

I am waiting on the guys in brown to bring me a set of M2racer ti skewers. I am just curious, do the M2's lever stop or can it go into the spokes as well
A feast is for laughter and wine makes life merry but money is the answer for everything.

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

00Nick wrote:I am waiting on the guys in brown to bring me a set of M2racer ti skewers. I am just curious, do the M2's lever stop or can it go into the spokes as well

The M2's can not go into the spoke.. but in fact that really isn't a problem: I never happens anyway!! :roll:

FelixOr

by FelixOr

Hi Casran,
thanks for the close-up shots. I also saw these skewers on eBay, they usually sell for half the price of the Tune AC14.
While the Tune AC14 use an aluminium axle for the front, the Edge skewers use titanium for front+rear. Another difference is, that the axles of the Edge skewers have the same diamater on their complete length, while Tune axles get thinner towards the middle.

nexusheli

by nexusheli

Casran, do you want to sell/give these up?
View before posting!
Pegoretti Love #3: It's here!!!

Grimpeur

by Grimpeur

I'd be interested in them too... where can I get them from (other than Ebay)?

Cheers,
David
This is my Bike. There are many like it, but this one is mine. Without me, my bike is useless. Without my bike, I am useless.

el_justino

by el_justino

yes, where can we find them...
I can't find any site or information on them (figmo, edge)
If you sell them :waving:

madhatter

by madhatter

there you go:

http://tinyurl.com/ezpex

http://www.tinyurl.com keeps WW readable 8) Cyco

Rickyfirst

by Rickyfirst

Janman wrote:On the german Ebay you can find "Figmo" skewers. I have a pair of tunes and a pair of the figmo. The only difference between both brands is the position of the lever. You can push the Tune skewers between the spokes. With the Figmo skewers this is impossible.

But I guess your brand is the same as the figmo's! :D

Figmo quick release have one diameter axes. Tune quick release have smaller axe diameter in the middle.

asphaltdude

by asphaltdude

Just bought a pair at BikeHardest.

Not extremely light, feel a bit weird, but clamping force seems ok.
Whow! That's a pretty damn nice garage door!

Dennis

by Dennis

I have a set laying here. I can't get my rearwheel clamped with enough force to stay straight in the bike. I can't imagine I would have this problem with my Tune ones. Haven't checked yet, the original Corima's clamped the wheel perfect.

HanSolo

by HanSolo

so what's the point of this post?

FYI, you can pick up a pair of bolt on skewers made out of solid steel for 15 dollars and they consistently weigh in at exactly 60 grams. I don't the think the QR lever is necessary as everyone rides with a multi-tool.
Everything can be drilled, except tires.

Dalai

by Dalai

HanSolo wrote:I don't the think the QR lever is necessary as everyone rides with a multi-tool.

Do they???

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C a s r a n
WW of the Year 2005

by C a s r a n

HanSolo wrote:FYI, you can pick up a pair of bolt on skewers made out of solid steel for 15 dollars and they consistently weigh in at exactly 60 grams. I don't the think the QR lever is necessary as everyone rides with a multi-tool.

I don't... no need of adding weight to my jersey. :D