System6 Barloworld semi-weight weenie...

Who are you (no off-topic talk please)

Moderators: MrCurrieinahurry, maxim809, Moderator Team

boarder1995

by boarder1995

Ok, here's a mostly complete System6 build that comes in at 15lbs 8oz. The only thing I've swapped is the pictured brakes to 2005 160g Zero-Gravity brakes. Perhaps with a handlebar swap to Price-point EC90 pro bend bars (currently have EA50) and some other tidbits, I'll drop below 15lbs - optimistically.

Partial list of build:
System6 medium frame
SI Hollowgram Aluminum cranks
Dura Ace 9spd kit
Dura Ace Ti cassette (not pictured, since installed)
Zero-G brakes (not pictured, since installed)
Deda Newton 80mm stem
Easton EA50 OS 42cm handlebars (will possibly upgrade to EC90)
Easton Tempest II wheels
Thomson Elite seatpost
Fizik Arione Ti saddle
Performance SPD pedals
Arundel bottle cages
Attachments
DSCF6390sm.JPG
Last edited by boarder1995 on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boarder1995

by boarder1995

A few more pics...focusing on my new wheels...
Attachments
DSCF6394sm.JPG
DSCF6393sm.JPG
DSCF6391sm.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

djconnel

by djconnel

boarder1995 wrote:Ok, here's a mostly complete System6 build that comes in at 15lbs 8oz. The only thing I've swapped is the pictured brakes to 2004 160g Zero-Gravity brakes. Perhaps with a handlebar swap to Price-point EC90 pro bend bars (currently have EA50) and some other tidbits, I'll drop below 15lbs - optimistically.

Obvious targets (to me) are the pedals and the saddle, each of which are on the heavy side.

Mr_Carlos

by Mr_Carlos

Looking good. Have you heard Cannondale have dropped Barloworld for 2008. Shame, nice bikes

Rogue

by Rogue

Hehe, but not as nice as the ones they are going to ride in 2008. :wink:
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

Yeah, I gotta say... The bikes they get next year are my dream-bikes.
Hell yeah!

Mario Jr.

by Mario Jr.

Rogue wrote:Hehe, but not as nice as the ones they are going to ride in 2008. :wink:

Information! :evil:

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

You'll just have to wait for the official press-release...
Hell yeah!

Rogue

by Rogue

Which should be out in the next few days. 8)
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Theros

by Theros

Bianchi? :D

Almost forgot this thread was about a bike :oops: Very sweet, in my eyes the perfect racebike, Eastons go well with the frame too!

boarder1995

by boarder1995

Quick opinion poll...how would white bar tape look on this build? With the entire black front end, I was considering a bit of change up front.

Also, despite BW changing frame suppliers, I'll still lean on the fact they won on this frame a few times in the -07 TDF! Ok, not a real big deal as I've also got a Team Z Lemond frame built as a singlespeed and love riding it too. I've got a thing for team frames I guess.

Theros

by Theros

I think silver bartape would look better than white. Silver always goes nicely with black and it would match the seatpost and crank very well. White is always an option but then it needs to have a white saddle too in my opinion.

EspenBjørgan

by EspenBjørgan

So... The press-release is here.

BIANCHI ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP WITH THE BARLOWORLD TEAM
Bianchi will supply the bicycles of the team for 2008

With more than 100 years of racing history Bianchi continues to support professional bicycling. Next year the company will be technical sponsor of the Barloworld Pro team. According to the agreement, Bianchi will supply the bicycles of the team for 2008.

Bianchi Chief Executive Officer, Bob Ippolito says: «Bianchi is proud to join the successful Barloworld team managed by Claudio Corti. Barloworld has a long term strategy to build a successful team based upon a close relationship with its technical sponsor and we look forward to many years of cooperation».

Bianchi’s relationship with the riders of Barloworld gives a great opportunity to increase technical research. Bianchi Group Product Manager, Lars Svalin explains: «Bianchi is a global performance brand and the Barloworld team provides Bianchi with an internationally competitive team that will work closely with us to provide product input for models like our 928 Carbon SL and new Custom Carbon T-Cube». Former World Champion Felice Gimondi: «This is a fantastic opportunity for Bianchi to join together with one of the most successful, young international teams during 2007 season».

With the Gewiss-Bianchi mountain bike team and the Barloword team, Bianchi looks forward to a winning season.
Hell yeah!

boarder1995

by boarder1995

Updated pics with new brakes...
Attachments
DSCF6402sm.JPG
DSCF6405sm.JPG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

los318

by los318

I'm sorry, I dont know what is more badass. The SystemSix or the M6??? God i love BMW's....
Soon.....