Herald Sun Tour

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

ash

by ash

I'll head to the crit on Sunday and see how I go with photos. I think i'll miss the start tho, depends if it starts on time or not, and unfortunately it also means i wont get the candy shots of the bikes before the race.

Ash

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

grover

by grover

nope, sorry. forgot my camera for the ITT, and have to work all day today so can't make it out for the crit. shattered!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

I got caught out in the western suburbs longer than I was expecting, lost track of time - so didn't get any photos either.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

ash

by ash

No shots here either sorry! I got to the last hairpin in time to see the bunch come around for the last lap.

Ash

Dalai

by Dalai

micky wrote:Did any aussie take pics???
Please dont dissapoint me! :D

Sorry :oops: I incorporated viewing the ITT with the end of a training ride so didn't have the camera this year...

2006 ITT photos - http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalai_au/s ... 969182799/

TMK001

by TMK001

AWWWW fark! I missed you all! I was rolling around in an orange kit on an orange bar tape and tyred Colnago E1... I was in cool bike overload!

I came up for Around the Bay (A long shit story on my behalf!) and caught the TT on Saturday, but rode so poorly, I didnt make it back in time for the crits on Sunday :(

I hope you enjoyed Melbourne, Leonardo... it really turned on a decent show and great weather!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Congratulations to the Dutch National team though - they went pretty damn well.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

1in20

by 1in20

Yah! Go the Dutchies :D

I had a great weekend. Saturday sitting in the team car following Joost in the TT, and then sunday watching Joost and the guys racing the final stage.

It was easier for me to watch Joost racing on my Lew Pro VT-1's as he sat last wheel for 95% of the race. He is a climber and always does it apparently. He moved right up to the front at the end to throw in some attacks for the crowd.

The other guys did really well too. They had three in the break and Camiel ended up third. Malaya, the OP, finished 10th or 11th i think.

If only he didn't get that 20second penalty! I hope he scores himself a pro contract for next year too.

Thanks to the Dutch team for a great weekend and Joost for the jersey.
:D