rant about glove manufacturers

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

Anyone else having problems with finding full-finger gloves with real leather on the palms and fingers?

I'm not sure what asian textile manufacturer conned all the major glove brands into thinking that suede-like fabric is suitable for cycling gloves, but it is total BS.

I've had two pair of winter cycling gloves disintegrate within 20 hours of riding. This is totally unacceptable.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CharlesM

by CharlesM

What brands?

Ive had a pair of Pearl Iz with the "crap" fabric for a few years... Thousands of miles and hundred of hours and they're great. Also a set from Prendas (inexpensive and very good wind tex and fit) that are a textile (leatherette?) palm and they're also a couple years old.

Now in fairness, Arizona winters are what one might consider "mild" bit it gets to the 30's - 40's (f)...

Hyde

by Hyde

I have some Capo full finger Gloves that are all one fabric with some sticky little balls on the palms. Better than anything I've tried.

Griswald4x4

by Griswald4x4

I have had some Pearl Izumi lobsters that have the "crap" leather on the palms, they have lasted six years in the mountains of Virginia, putting up to riding, skiing, backpacking, and the like. They are dirty as hell, but the have held up fine. The stitching is going much faster than the palms at this point.
Superflies!

BBAGDAN

by BBAGDAN

I guess i'll have to attach some pictures.