UCI 2010 World Road Championships - Melbourne, Australia

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Dalai

by Dalai

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id= ... /sep26news

Being my home town, I'm very excited!! :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

Bit of a bummer about the roadrace bit though - I mean, who wants to ride down to geelong :roll:

No, its good, it's very very good! :D :D :D

Though it would be nice if the rest of Australia knew about it - nothing on the news, but the lipservice from Brumby was very nice - though some cycling infrastructure would be nice. Ah, negativity at government officials and their lipservice - it must be election time.
This board would be a nicer place if everyone would take themselves less seriously.

I almost miss Mr Search...

rd

by rd

That's news to me too.

"Cycling? No one cares about cycling. Here's half an hour on the AFL Grand Final."

Dalai

by Dalai

First time to be held in the Southern hemisphere and nearly nothing except one small article on a local news site and hidden in pages of AFL* stories! :evil:

*Australian Rules Football

Mapei down under

by Mapei down under

The geelong road race is going to come down to a bunch sprint. I mean the women have had it happen every year for the world cup.
At least they didn't put it on the Commonwealth Games road circuit! ( it was talked about initially).
They could have made a really epic worlds down on the Mornington Peninsula ( imagine Arthur's Seat every lap! ).
Their best bet would have been to use the nationals course at Buninyong, it's a proven circuit and would have given a really great champion to wear the Rainbow for the next year.
All just MHO but that's how I feel!
"I love a sunburnt country, its sweeping hills and plains. Where the red earth meets the blue sky and it never bloody rains".
Doc Neeson - The Angels (Skin and Bone).

Tugboat

by Tugboat

I reckon it's awesome news... I'll be making the trip over from New Zealand for the worlds!!

Great news for the TDU being given ProTour status too. I've already booked to come across for my second trip to this fantastic race. :D
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

Dalai

by Dalai

I usually ride the Audax Alpine Classic up in Bright the same Australia Day weekend so have never gone to the TDU.

Since I've been busy and forgot to enter, and the TDU now has Protour status, I have already spoken with my wife about going to South Australia. At least for Stages 4 through to 6! I now have to decide whether I drive across or just fly and hire a car.

If a few WW members are coming we could possibly organise a catch up/ride? As I'll definitely be bringing the bike.

Tugboat

by Tugboat

Dalai wrote:I usually ride the Audax Alpine Classic up in Bright the same Australia Day weekend so have never gone to the TDU.

Since I've been busy and forgot to enter, and the TDU now has Protour status, I have already spoken with my wife about going to South Australia. At least for Stages 4 through to 6! I now have to decide whether I drive across or just fly and hire a car.

If a few WW members are coming we could possibly organise a catch up/ride? As I'll definitely be bringing the bike.

I'll be taking the bike and doing the Mutual Community Tour over the parcours of Stage 4.

Hope South Australia doesn't get it's first rain in ten months the same day again... bloody locals don't know how to ride in the wet!! :D
Nice bike... you ever take it off any sweet jumps?
2020 Canyon Speedmax CF | 2018 8bar Mitte | 2016 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX | 2016 Cannondale Synapse Carbon | 2016 Cannondale F-Si Carbon | 2017 Scott Scale (singlespeed)

TMK001

by TMK001

There is nothing wrong with Geelong as the location for the Road race... fancy the Aussies wanting the race to end in a sprint!?!

Thats the most realistic way we are going to get a World Champion... Robbie has won on that road before, as have a number of others... why not give them a real home town advantage!

TR

by TR

[quote=Tugboat]Hope South Australia doesn't get it's first rain in ten months the same day again... bloody locals don't know how to ride in the wet!! [/quote]

Some of the locals but not the ones who do the 'Mutual Com tour' :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com