Cycling in Langkawi?

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

KH

by KH

I have just booked a 3 week holiday in SE Asia for late October, I will be spending 10 days of it on Langkawi and apparently this is a pretty cool place to ride a bike (although I was disappointed to find that Genting Highlands is on the mainland!!).

I am not intending to take a bike as this is very much a relaxing end of cycling season holiday - and my girlfriend would probably kill me if it was turned into a training camp!! I should be reasonably fit though and it would be great to take some kit and hire a bike for maybe a day or two - I reckon I can get away with that!

I wonder if any weighweenies have ridden in Langkawi and have in advice/reccommendations? I am particularly interested in whether it is possible to hire at least a semi decent road bike on the island?

Thanks,

KH

jinxkal

by jinxkal

Langkawi..mmmm nice place.... u should try cycle up Genting aswell is damn nice and really cool climbs!!!! but there is one really steep climb in Langkawi they called Bukit Tangga..... anyways be ready for the damn hot sunny wether hehhe.....

kal
THIS IS A FASHION STATEMENT !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com