Trying to buy from Europe for the USA

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
dlight

by dlight

I've been trying to purchase a couple of components from European companies and have be unble to get any company to respond to my emails. Half the time their system would accept my emails. What's up with that. :x

What is the best way to buy things (extralite, eclipse, ax lightness etc...) for the US market? Does their system not accept english emails? I assume they have an english website they would accept english emails.

help someone

Superlite

by Superlite

See that link in the upper right hand corner of your screen that says Gypzybikz?

Thats where you need to go. :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dlight

by dlight

They don't have extralite. How does the conversion works. i've never bought anything from oversee.

Tippster

by Tippster

dlight wrote:They don't have extralite. How does the conversion works. i've never bought anything from oversee.

I've bought direct from Extralite. Cost me only £2 for postage from Italy to the UK for a seatpost clamp. Took about 4 days.
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

dlight

by dlight

I've try, I'll try again. Let's hope it works this time.

thxs

teutscher

by teutscher

there is something - don't know how to call it - ...a phenomenon, that everybody has to have an email-adress these days but nobody responds. maybe they are realy afraid of misses aol telling them "you have mail" (wich actually is the only reason to use aol - i really like the "you got mail" :D )

and it's not a problem of englishgermanorwhatsoever-translation, even mails in their native language seem to frightem them.

might be a german thing, i just don't know :-/

cadence90

by cadence90

I never had any problem contacting Extralite directly.
Their price list on the English page is already in $US.
And the shipping is reasonable.
web: http://www.extralite.com/index.htm
email: studiorivaATextraliteDOTcom

or in the US Light-Bikes sells Extralite:
http://www.sales.light-bikes.com/
"Gimondi è un eroe umano, che viene sconfitto ma che continua la sua corsa fino a tornare a vincere." - Enrico Ruggeri

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com