Oakley Radar custom: a bit disappointed

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

There are only the standard colors available in Europe.
So even if I had been to a shop, I wouldn't have seen this red.

I believe it would be smarter if the red presented through their custom program would be the real red.

Adrien
WWotY 2007

by Adrien

I just recived an email. They seem quite cool.
They can offer a replacement.
Now I need to decide what colors I'll go to. I keep my vented gold iridium lenses.

Any idea guys? :D

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jonny R

by Jonny R

I am a long time oakley user for surfing - oakley jackets are perfect for the beach and cycling - m frames are the business.

I have to admit the latets designs suck with the fat arm pieces and various weird shapes and blobs. I am sure they need to keep changing their models to stimulate their martket but it would be nice if they could keep a more serious, conservative line too.

Their repair service is fantastic so i'll stay loyal for the time being but reckon i might get another pair of m frames as chaning the lenses is a pain !!!!

el_justino

by el_justino

Adrien wrote:I just recived an email. They seem quite cool.
They can offer a replacement.
Now I need to decide what colors I'll go to. I keep my vented gold iridium lenses.

Any idea guys? :D

oh oh oh, this for sure!! If i buy a radar, it wil be this one :o
the names are next to it...

Chasen1211

by Chasen1211

for those of you using vented lenses, do you feel any difference running vented as opposed to regular lenses? Looking for some pros and cons to using this type of lense.

TIA

NS

by NS

I have both I have always found with m-frames and latterly the radars that there is little difference when riding along on a warm day but if it is cooler and you are climbing or stopped and the glasses steam up a little they clear much quicker when you get back up to speed