Unibet.com quits

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

Danton

by Danton

teterider wrote:Hopefully Slipstream will resist the license they will be pushed for next year and wait until 2009 when they said they will be ready

Why bother buying a protour licence. It the cost is high, so what are the benefits?

micky

by micky

Danton wrote:
teterider wrote:Hopefully Slipstream will resist the license they will be pushed for next year and wait until 2009 when they said they will be ready

Why bother buying a protour licence. It the cost is high, so what are the benefits?

I agree with you.
If you got a Pro team, that's enough. The only thing you gotta be sure is having some strong guys who can "gain" a wild car here and there.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

drjones96

by drjones96

pro cycling is really going down the pooper. Sponsors are falling through. Teams are folding. Scandals every day.

flying

by flying

teterider wrote:Astana's future isn't so certain yet either. It may be that where last year a ProTour license was unavailable and hard to get, next year they likely won't be able to give one away.

Probably true but also true as proven by Unibet is the fact that the license don't mean ^$%##
It is not a key into any races even the ones you are qualified for. Why pay the fee to have one?

geraldatwork

by geraldatwork

"Professional boxing" and the pro tour have a lot in common. The next step will be comparing it to "pro wrestling"

jalapeno

by jalapeno

it is a sad state of affairs, I have my strong opinions on where the fault lies but nothing is ever black and white, and I'm on the outside looking in so I'll keep my opinions to myself, but yes it is very sad.
-------------------
Gravitas est meus Hostilis
Painted Roads Cycling: http://www.paintedroads.com
Words: http://mikesimagination.wordpress.com

mdeth1313

by mdeth1313

geraldatwork wrote:"Professional boxing" and the pro tour have a lot in common. The next step will be comparing it to "pro wrestling"

Does that mean we'd have to have a carbon fiber cage match, or maybe a titanium cage match instead of wrestling's "steel cage match"

ks_rider

by ks_rider

I believe if the race organizers are more serious about making a statement against doping than gambling, then they would not bother keeping Unibet, which has no positive tests, out of their races. This is the angle UCI should of approached the "heated discussions". The Vuelta organizers, Unipublic, will not replace Astana with Unibet, which is one Protour team with an another, which proves my point, the organizers are more serious against gambling than doping with their actions to me.