Discovery is done! Update: Hincapie joins t-Mobile

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

zakeen
Resident Pro

by zakeen

teterider wrote:Hmmm, maybe I should ditch Verizon and go with T-Mobile on my next phone.

You should. You know I bought a Saeco coffee machine only because they sponsored a cycling team. I only buy Gerolsteiner water when I see it because they sponsor a cycling team. Before I rode with T-Mobile I aways had a T-mobile account and still do :).

swinter wrote:..... but I will never get over the magenta jerseys.

Next year they wont be, I hear........

swinter wrote:Still, I always root for Adam 'cause he's a weight weenie.

Thanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

swinter

by swinter

Glad to see you back in the saddle, Adam.

Can't wait for the new colors . . .
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

Ypsylon

by Ypsylon

Just to break the language barrier:

Adam will be riding for T-Mobile next season but they will change the color of their jerseys?
"Nothing compares to the simple pleasures of a bike ride," said John F. Kennedy, a man who had the pleasure of Marilyn Monroe.

flying

by flying

PezTech wrote:As for Disco / Tailwind management, this is simply a business decision.

True & one I saw coming for over a year now. Not just Disco either.
Wait & see.
These guys have made a mess of the sport & now it will cost all.
I am not talking about just dopers here.
I agree with what LA said in a recent interview,
Forget the doping for a minute & look at the rest???
UCI not even allowed to attend TDF?
WTF????? Threats to return to a national level race????? What???
Hey if they want to chase sponsors away they are doing a great job.
It is only sad that they all are helping pull the handle that flushes cycling down the toilet. They can try to blame the dopers as being the main cause but it is sooooooo much more than that.
There are dopers & there are dopes ...Sadly this sport is not lacking in either

micky

by micky

flying wrote:Hey if they want to chase sponsors away they are doing a great job.

We're going OT but wanted to say something: Sinkewitz (Im sure I mispelled it :D ) have been tested positive on middle june or early june, cant remind, anyway 40 days before TdF to start about.
So, why was it the result known just in the middle of Tour?
*Note: controls made by UCI*

Ramussen missing whereabouts were already known much earlier than TdF to start, and ASO asked UCI if he was allowed to start and they said yes. But then in the middle of Tour they came out with him having troubles and blabla.

Is it just coincidence? Quite strange.
Plus if you consider what McQuaid said after Tour "ASO got so much troubles...they need us.." sounds like something planned.

Sorry for the OT. :oops:

swinter

by swinter

Ypsylon wrote:Just to break the language barrier:

Adam will be riding for T-Mobile next season but they will change the color of their jerseys?

yes, that's what he said.
"I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones." -- John Cage

http://weightweenies.starbike.com/phpBB ... 928#126928

jay cee

by jay cee

i heard about another signing or two this morning for T-Mobile... sorry, can't say any more at the moment though.
J EURO

chrism

by chrism

PezTech wrote:Levi would have had to stop a terrorist attack, or used his bike to pull a bus full of school kids off a train track and even then he wouldn't be known as anything in this country but "Lance Armstrong's successor"...

What sort of drugs would he have to take to do that?

Actually I'm curious for how long Lance was known as "Lemond's successor"?
No scales on the trails

Eekz

by Eekz

who's successor?

Lemond never was the cycling hero he wanted to be

santacruzxt

by santacruzxt

jay cee wrote:i heard about another signing or two this morning for T-Mobile... sorry, can't say any more at the moment though.

hmmm, I know tmob was wanting to sign more Americans for marketing reasons, maybe Danielson...there are only three others left: Leipheimer, Tony Cruz, and Jason McCartney.
07 Pinarello Paris Carbon
06 Trek Equinox 11
05 Trek 8500
88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
72 Schwinn Continental
www.cougarcycling.com

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Cat1 wrote:I think it is quite alarming that arguably the most successful team in cycling history cannot find a sponsor, especially a team that finished two riders on the podium at the tour.

The Tour De France is just one race of many in Europe. Disco may be the best tour Team, but hardly the "most successful team in cycling history". when they wrap up, they should have a huge party for the main reason for their success, ...Dr. Ferrari.

Seriously, now that Armstrong is gone, who would care to sponsor the team?
American companies? no, Armstrong is gone, and there are no American prospects left. European companies? no, they want to keep away from questionable teams as far as possible.

Pro cycling just got 2X better. I think the new T-mobile and Slipstream are the way to go.

Now CSC just has to get rid of Riis. I'm amazed CSC is still in cycling.

DocRay
Banned

by DocRay

Eekz wrote:who's successor?

Lemond is still the best cyclist, and sportsman, to ever come out of the US.
He cares about the sport, which is why he says things that people would rather not like to hear. Amazing the amount of cognitive denial that occurs in bike racing.

jay cee

by jay cee

santacruzxt wrote:
jay cee wrote:i heard about another signing or two this morning for T-Mobile... sorry, can't say any more at the moment though.

hmmm, I know tmob was wanting to sign more Americans for marketing reasons, maybe Danielson...there are only three others left: Leipheimer, Tony Cruz, and Jason McCartney.

nope, not Americans. but keep an eye out, the name(s) will be released any day now...
J EURO

chrism

by chrism

I've heard of one other (outspokenly anti-drugs) English speaking rider who has signed for T-Mobile. Was apparently talking about it at the local cafe, but as the news came out on a non-roadie ng I probably shouldn't repeat it here - though feel free to speculate away!
No scales on the trails

NOTAWOFTAM

by NOTAWOFTAM

DocRay wrote:
Eekz wrote:who's successor?

Lemond is still the best cyclist, and sportsman, to ever come out of the US.
He cares about the sport, which is why he says things that people would rather not like to hear. Amazing the amount of cognitive denial that occurs in bike racing.

Lemond is one of the best cyclists to come out of the US. Gotta be top two or three? I think he may have lost his claim on being the best US cyclist with TdF win count, less impressive major MTB race placement than LA, and that was a nice CX move LA made in the TdF when JB rolled his tire and went down hard. Those could be some factors in LA's favor.

GL is free to think and say nearly whatever he wants. It doesn't prove or disprove his love of the sport of cycling. It could be due to his love of the sport or due to some other agenda he may have?

Most of the better US cyclists, as most of the best cyclists worldwide, have made some important contributions to the development of more reliable light weight bikes and bike parts. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com