Sid World Cup

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

fred

by fred

I want to buy a SID WorldCup fork. Is it a good idea? The RockShox weight (1230grs) is wrong or not! It will more better to choose the "Team" model (it's not a money problem for me, I search the better, lighter) :?

karlux

by karlux

World Cup have this handlebar mount lever that weights about 130 grams, so it makes both of them heavier!
Light weight everything!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

split

by split

Rock Shox claimed weight is with a 160mm steerer, without oil in the fork. An actual weight of the uncut fork is more like 1345g, then add 70g for the remote lockout. The Team model is 1441g without the lock out. Hope this helps.

visby(SK)

by visby(SK)

i saw the sidWC on the weight and it showed 1450g with the blackbox lockout, but the steerer was cut...
the SIDrace is the lightest, but the WC is much better in damping...
my father has ordered the WC on my advice :lol:

JK

by JK

Better in damping?? If I am not mistaken, the internal parts are the same! :?:

visby(SK)

by visby(SK)

sure they don't have the same damping...
WC has PURE(w/ lockout), race has PURE delite(w/out lockout),
PURE is(as i remember) is better, it works better in lower temps...
PURE delite is very similar to the damping of SID SL '01/02, and this how we know doesn't work well in lower temperatures, and you can't change the oil...
but i'm not sure, i haven't read the tech sheets quite a while :-) now i'm interested in psylo race set up...

karlux

by karlux

I don't agree, because I ride in temperature -20 C and my 02 SID SL works pretty well, ofcourse lock out is a bit slower, but I often make an oil change so now even it works very well. And as I know oil it is posible to change oil when ever you like!
Light weight everything!

visby(SK)

by visby(SK)

hmm, that's strange...
my father's '01 SL doesn't work well(damping) in lower temperatures(below 0) and there was no success in searching for better oil(may be it is so, because there's a big problem to find parts what you're searching for here in slovakia)... and i know 3 more people with this problem with SID SL '01
i must agree my SID '99 SL does work well in lower temps... but i prefer riding psylo race in conditions like these 8)

karlux

by karlux

You always can go in any local gas station and ask for some Motorcycle fork oil. I bought one a year ago for my Manitou Mars CL (lock out) and it was good, and even now when we in Latvia have temperature -28 C I finde the oil good! But I guess that maybe oil isn't working and works only the air cartridge, because lock out is a bit cracky!
Light weight everything!

visby(SK)

by visby(SK)

that's the point... :-)
my fahter's fork is overdamped... it doesn't reply so fast(better said it replies veeeeeeeery slow)... but it isn't an actual problem now, he broke sugar 1 '99 frame and is riding on my bike until he gets epic...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com