race in Brugges, Belgium tommorow

Questions about bike hire abroad and everything light bike related. No off-topic chat please

Moderators: robbosmans, Moderator Team

jay cee

by jay cee

Kogan,
just remember, don't stop for a donut every lap when you go through the start and finish. i used to be tempted.....
J EURO

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frederic david

by frederic david

there were 63 cyclists (so I was pretty close wasn't I 8) )
the British (or was is American) Team was what they call: "OUTSTANDING". 5 British or American riders in the top 6 :o ... I think we need some more training :P

I finished in the peloton, but I hadn't trained for 3weeks because of exams in school...
Harder, better, faster, stronger, LIGHTER !

legs 11

by legs 11

@ frederick david, who were this team? did you get the name?

jay cee

by jay cee

legs 11 wrote:@ frederick david, who were this team? did you get the name?

1. ROWSELL Erick 02:19:30
2. GRESNIGT Alex THEO MIDDELKAMP :05
3. VANHOUTTE Jan DCM-GB VORSELAAR CYCLING TEAM VZW
4. MCEVOY Jonathan
5. MATTHEW JONES :15
6. GRIFFITHS ANDREW :45

15. MEADOWS TOBY 5:25
J EURO

legs 11

by legs 11

???? I don't think its a british team, I don't recognise any of the names, looks like a good result for them though! :wink:

jay cee

by jay cee

yes is british, maybe the southeast team that pops over, mcevoy has some alright results in the past.
J EURO

frederic david

by frederic david

no team name was mentioned on the result list...
There were3 different outfits...
I talked to one rider who came from Liverpool... He had an orange shirt. There was also a yellow one, a white & red one and than you had a team with Specialized bikes and shirts with (major)blue, red & white.

It had links with .co.uk
Harder, better, faster, stronger, LIGHTER !

KOGAN

by KOGAN

Hi

yeah race went good for our team. we areon specialized s works tarmac sl's and blue,red and white kit. we are called Glendene CC. The guy that one though is british but doesnt ride for us neither does the riders placing 4th and 5th, although they too are both british. the first Glendene finisher was junior national 10 and 25 mile champion Andrew Griffiths in 6th with Toby Meadows second for the team, he crashed on the last corner though and snapped his frame :shock: .

my race didnt go so well. It was my first proper race in Belgium after crashing out early in Limburg. The first two laps i was a bit excited and attacked a lot. by the 4th or so lap a split happened in the bunch and i got stuck between the breakaway and the bunch in no mans land. i worked my way back upto the break but just couldnt latch on.

so i finished in the bunch also :?

hopefully will do better next attempt which will be later this month.

KOGAN

jay cee

by jay cee

hey Kogan
cracking effort.
you gave it a go, and you have to do these things. next time you will know how these races work a bit better.
J EURO

KOGAN

by KOGAN

cheers Jay cee for the support. today i feel really annoyed i didnt make the break i was strong enough just did to much work early on. cant wait to go again. completely different from british racing in a good way, faster, tougher and more aggresive. next time in definetely going to make the break. The only thing that doesnt suite me is it all seems very flat whereas i would prefer a massive hill due to my strengths lying in climbing rather than flat speed. oh well roll on next time!

jay cee

by jay cee

yes, i love the belgian kermesses and crits. and remember, no need to feel annoyed, one of your team-mates won! plus you gave it a go! keep the flag flying for us brits!!!
J EURO

legs 11

by legs 11

Hey Kogan, pass on my regards to young Toby when you next see him, I hav'nt seen anything of him for ages, tell him 'mad' Rob from liphook CRT says hello, and wishes him well :wink:

clouchi

by clouchi

sounds like you got stuck in and had a go. hope you enjoyed it and just put this one down to experience.

good luck next time!

KOGAN

by KOGAN

hi
i just took part in my second race. different race entirely from the first. this time i got stuck near the back of the bunch for the first 2 or 3 laps and couldnt find a way through. yet eventually i got the the front but the break had already gone! still i followed the wheels and finished in the middle.
im going out to belgium tommorow to stay out there for 10 days to get some serious racing in a hopefully a top 10.

the race was quick last time as it was completed in 2 hours (84km) but hopefully a few more races and ill find my feet.

KOGAN

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

henkie

by henkie

Still near Brugges? Or somewhere else in Belgium?