Stylo Team Crankset Weight

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

GC

by GC

Can anyone confirm the weight of this ISIS crankset. I've looked on the Truvativ WEB site and it recons that they are 612g which makes them one of the lightest available. The listings however give them at 670g - a bit of a difference.

I'm thinking of replacing my splined XT, the cranksets OK but the BB seems really heavy againt some of the TI ISIS ones (thinking of buying the FSA Xtreme TI).

Any help or other recommendations would be greatfully received.

Cyco

by Cyco

If you want a light ISIS BB, FRM has a 7075 Al one: http://www.frmbike.com/componenti/guarn ... e-mtb.html
Also light cranks, 580g triple or 555g double.

Haven't weighted any of these (including the Truvativ) to comment on real weights.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

karlux

by karlux

If 600 grams is light for cranks then I must some donky! Realy I think that light one is self combined for example: Storck cranks + XTR chainrings, perfekt combo. Weights about 400 grams - light isn't it!
Light weight everything!

Cyco

by Cyco

Karlux, my fault for not considering them but their limited sizing (172.5 only- last time I checked) means they are not on my shopping list.

biketuna

by biketuna

You are right they do not weigh 612 grams. 647 grams on my scale.
I weighed then when I got them and I was very dissapointed.
I haven't put them on my bike yet.

I have XT cranks right now and I was also looking for a lighter BB answer.
American Classic makes an ISIS BB with a steel axle and it only weighs 140 grams, it should be stiffer than the Ti FSA.

Does any one know where you can buy FRM cranks ???

:cry:

biketuna

by biketuna

:?:

Cyco

by Cyco

MALMGREN IMPORTS - Boulder tel. 720 308 1159 Fax:707 371 4494
e-mail frmusa@paketabike.com

GC

by GC

Thanks for the info, seems like American Classic is the BB to go for, not too expensive either. Unfortunately AC said that they will be out of stock of the ISIS BB until the end of January so will have to wait :(

As for the Crankset, well seems like I might as well stay with the XT spline rings, but go for a new ISIS crank arm. Turbine LP seems a good choice, but would be interested in comparing price/performance with FRM cranks.

Biketuna, have you had any luck in finding a retailer for FRM Cranks. I looked at the paketabike website, couldn't find any retailer links.

Any other suggestions for crankarms and where I can get them from. Ideally looking cheaper than £150. Have to keep some money back for food and the like !

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com