Bellatisport?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

audiojan

by audiojan

http://www.bellatisport.com/

Seems to have great prices on both Colnago and the Kuota... Have anyone ever bought anything from them? Good or bad reviews..?

I would be shipping within Europe, so that is not much of an issue...
"Suddenly the thought struck me; my floor is someone elses ceiling" - Nils Ferlin

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frd

by frd

I've heard people had good experiences with bellatisport.
However their prices on colnagos are not so great IMO. I ordered a colnago a couple of months ago from my LBS and I've seen the official colnago pricelist pdf on his computer, it's quite a bit lower than bellati prices (and that's what I paid at the LBS).

(besides current models, what is most shocking to me is the 2003 c40 listed at 2200 euros)

edit: sorry I keep forgetting that VAT wasn't included in my LBS' prices, thus bellati's price on new colnagos is good -you won't find much better in fact. Still the c40 is a bit expensive...

big steve

by big steve

I havent bought with them yet but their prices on some of the stuff I want to buy is very good, I might give them a shot sometime and let you know.

lincoln

by lincoln

I've just put an order in. I'll let you know.

chania

by chania

I have the best experiences with bellatisport it is SUPER !!!

col hicks

by col hicks

:D that is one cheap shop , on the kuota kom it is nearly £300 cheaper than my Lbs

chr

by chr

Did you all notice, that the quoted prices are indeed without VAT and the shop is in Switzerland? So, you can end up paying the VAT and customs duty on top of the price.

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

chr wrote:Did you all notice, that the quoted prices are indeed without VAT and the shop is in Switzerland? So, you can end up paying the VAT and customs duty on top of the price.

Hi,

If you're in the EU then, yes, you do have to pay VAT and it'll have to be your own country's rate too....

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

big steve

by big steve

When I bought my Canyon I paid the price as on their website plus shipping, nothing else. So Bellatisport will be different then if shipping to UK? And there will be an extra cost which isnt on their website?

fdegrove
Tubbie Guru

by fdegrove

big steve wrote:When I bought my Canyon I paid the price as on their website plus shipping, nothing else. So Bellatisport will be different then if shipping to UK? And there will be an extra cost which isnt on their website?

Hi,

It's not up to Bellati to charge EU citizens VAT but it's up to the buyer to declare the goods. Switzerland being a non-EU country, they don't fall under EU law but technically you should pay VAT and ex-EU import duty pretty much the same way as if you'd buy from any other country outside of the EU as the USA or Asia for instance.

IOW, in real life, if you're lucky...........

Ciao, :wink:
Being a snob is an expensive hobby.

big steve

by big steve

I just realised that after I posted, I forgot Switzerland is not a member of the EU :oops:

Battman57

by Battman57

Andrea Bellati is a great businessman and takes care of customers. You should fear nothing in ordering from him. I have purchased two frames from him in the past year and had them delivered to me in the US within 1-2 weeks. One one frame I ordered from him, I went ahead and in advance purchased the wrong sized seatpost (not from him). Well, it turns out that the manufacturer listed the wrong size on their website. Because Bellati felt bad about it, he sent me free of charge a new FSA SLK carbon post in the correct size. It wasn't even his fault that I purchased the wrong size.

Let me tell you something else he did for me. I inadvertantly stripped threads on my bottom bracket shell for a Battaglin frame I purchased from him last Fall. Well, he contacted Battaglin himself and worked out a sweet deal for them to fix it. He took care of everything and I only paid shipping and a very small fee (under 50 dollars) for Battaglin to insert a new bottom bracket shell on my frame in BSA (instead of italian) threads. Battaglin charged it as if it was a warranty repair. This would have never happened had he not contacted and spoke to the man himself!

Because of these experiences, I am a customer of his for life. His prices and service are top notch. Tell me where in the US you can come close to buying Wilier, Orbea, Kuota, and Colnago frames at the prices he offers.

Clevor

by Clevor

International shipping is surprisingly cheap from BellatiSport. I just had a crank shipped to Japan and it only cost $12.95. Hell, that's cheaper than getting USPS shipping to my FPO address, plus the package gets here in much better shape.

I got prompt replies to e-mail too.

edski

by edski

Andrea is a wealth of information and provides excellent communications. I have purchased one frame from him and expect to do another shortly.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

timbat

by timbat

I've bought from them too, had good experiences, would use again ...