AX lightness brakes

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mfuchs1

by mfuchs1

JTC,

Are these brakes for the Kuota that you are building? How light will that bike be when finished? I can't wait to see it. It sounds like everything is going to be the lightest (and most expensive) possible.

Mike

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JTC

by JTC

Yeh, they are for the Kuota. At this point I am not sure what the weight will be. I am a little limited since the frame is 3lbs. I am choosing parts not nessecarliy for weight, but also durability and looks. Thats why I chose the Kuota frame. It should be very stiff and strong and I beleive it is one of the best looking frames on the market. I am guessing that it will be under 15lbs and I hope closer to 14lbs but who know at this point.

spytech

by spytech

are you going to use the zipp rims on the kuota? and what hubs did you choose for the rims?

i am getting the kuota bars, my price is $400, they arlready have them in my size, now all i need is to sell my deda bars.

JTC

by JTC

I will probably use both the AC Carbon and the Zipp rims on the Kuota. I have not decided on hubs. Either Tune or Spada. The Tune are expensive though (around $600 for the front and rear). I don't have a price on the Spada yet. Where you getting the bars from? I have a Kuota carbon stem and I just bought a EC90 bar b/c I though that the bars would not be available for quite a while.

spytech

by spytech

The kuota dist. sent me an email yesterday, that he has my size. 130x44

so i am trying to sell my deda ASAP i would let them go for 375 if you know anyone who wants them? but i say go with the spada hubs, they are as light as the TUNE. and have heard many good things of them. bearings are top notch, unless you want to enroll in my ceramic bearing project also. but the tune do come with hybrid ceramic brearings.

keep me posted.

JTC

by JTC

I am guessing you will put your bars on ebay, but try putting them on www.roadbikereview.com as well. I have had good luck there.

spytech

by spytech

Thanx, but if i dont sell it local, i think i will keep them, i dont want to deal with the hassle of shipping, even tho i can UPS next day for a good price.

But i would love to get the Kuota, maybe on the next bike.