bike shops - Sydney

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Skoobi

by Skoobi

I'll have the fantastic oppurtunity to visit Sydney soon. Any bike shops I should take the time to visit?
Preference is for a shop within the city centre..

thanks for any responses...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

BW

by BW

clarence street cyclery

it's in the town centre - in Clarence Street in fact!

Bates bikes in Hurstville is worth a mention (south of the city) plus I'm sure there are more.

Sprinter

by Sprinter

Woolys Wheels on Oxford St, Paddington.

Pedal Pushers Clovelly Road, Clovelly.

There's also a shop called Bike Bar. But it's shifted location twice and I don't even know if it's still around. The guy there builds the wheels for some of the downhill mtb guys at national level. Good wheelbuilder, always has nice stuff - and gives his customers a coffee.

michel2

by michel2

go to stan on saterday morning with youre bnike you might be able to join the bunch ride,that is stanmore cycles on parramtha road just outside citty center, nice guy doesnt bullshit around !small but great shop.......that sounds weitrd ?

donnelli

by donnelli

The owner's name is Bob, not Stan.
But you're right it's a small but good shop. Bob knows what he's doing and has some beautiful tomassinis himself.

1in20

by 1in20

Go see Hugh at City Bike Depot in Kent St in the city.

ejm

by ejm

Can't remeber the suburb, but go to KOM (king of the mountain) cycles.

I was there my last trip to Sydney, and they have some nice gear, particularly if you want to see some collectors stuff.
THe owner has a huge collection of ex pro bikes (had a pantani bike in the window when i was there, and stuff autographed by the likes of Merckx (? sorry about the spelling?), Virenque etc. really cool shop. has some nice top end stuff floating around too. If you need any gear just ask the owner, he's great to have a talk too. Most of the collectors gear he has isn't in the shop (lack of room) but rotates it through the shop...

Clarence St is a must also.

cheers,
erik
Visiting Southwest Western Australia? Visit our store, Crank'n Cycles, in Collie!

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

If you're heading out to Canberra, there's a shop out that way which has Mick Rogers Time w/Lightweights in the shop - or at least it used to. I think it was Cyco that sent me the photo :?

CAAD7R3000

by CAAD7R3000

No that was me skill, the shop is Ride shop, but it's 3 hours from Sydney.

Clara=ence st is good but a rip off, Wooly's wheels is not bad, Stanmore Cycles is nice, a few pegoretti's there and I hear KOM is good as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Skillgannon

by Skillgannon

CAAD7R3000 wrote:No that was me skill, the shop is Ride shop, but it's 3 hours from Sydney.

Clara=ence st is good but a rip off, Wooly's wheels is not bad, Stanmore Cycles is nice, a few pegoretti's there and I hear KOM is good as well.

Sorry CAAD, should have realised at that stage I hadn't even talked to cyco. Your PM's still sitting in my inbox as well, come to think of it.