TISO CASSETTE(need info)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

giovanni

by giovanni

Hey all,
my locall bike shop has a TISO k7 ultra 10v cassette in stock an I can shave some precious grams from my existing set up(campy all ti 10).
But is this cassette decent, or nearly as good as what I have. And have any of you tried this cassette.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going back there tommorow :D .
Thank you
Giovanni.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

giovanni wrote:Hey all,
my locall bike shop has a TISO k7 ultra 10v cassette in stock an I can shave some precious grams from my existing set up(campy all ti 10).
But is this cassette decent, or nearly as good as what I have. And have any of you tried this cassette.
Any help would be greatly appreciated since I am going back there tommorow :D .
Thank you
Giovanni.

The Tiso is alu, your Record is full Ti. So the Tiso will be lighter, but the Record will last much longer

giovanni

by giovanni

thanx for your response joel,
I was affraid of that :cry: , but maybe I can just keep it on my zipp's(303)
for racing or bragging.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Is that at Tri Zombies?
Ride lightly!

Superlite

by Superlite

Thats the only way to go, on a race day wheels. Other wise you'll be replacing cassettes every other month!

JTC

by JTC

I do not beleive wear is as much a problem as shifting. The "old" K7 has no ramps making the shifting unreliable. I ordered a Tiso cass. from Cycling Innovations and it did not shift well due to the lack of ramps. I was told that the reason for the lack of ramps was so that individual cogs can be replaced. Apparently they have made a version that will not allow you to exchange cogs, but does have ramps and weighs the same. Before you buy one make sure it is the version with ramps. I sent mine back to have it replaced with ramped version and have yet to see it so I hope this ramped version really exists.

giovanni

by giovanni

Yes ye old bald one it is at triathlete zombies, I will probably run in to you there one day if I already have not.

Giovanni.

Ye Olde Balde One

by Ye Olde Balde One

Jose there uses Tiso cassettes himself, he had a really cool Dragonfly (which he then sold after two months because someone didn't want to wait to order a frame) that was 12.5lbs from memory.

What are you riding?
Ride lightly!

giovanni

by giovanni

I know he told me he did that race in mexico and it worked fine, I dont know if it was a ramped cassette or what?. And he told me about that dragonfly I wish I could have seen it, he almost has me convinced to buy one if I cant get a scott cr1.
My current bike is a colnago c-40 it is at triathlete zombies right now, leave me a pm with your info and we can ride.
Giovanni

Superlite

by Superlite

I disagree about what you said. The alumium does wear ALOT faster then Ti or steel. Why do you think Lance in 2000 only used that cassete on the climbs? Just look at the manufacturers to, they almost always state that it is a race day part, and has limited life.

JTC

by JTC

Most who spend $300 on a cassette use it only for racing anyway (I would hope). I have had full titanium cassettes that have worn out in less than 2,000 miles, so I do not beleive that either titanium or aluminum are even close to the durability of a steel cassette (I still have all my original steel cassettes and they still work great - 20,000+ miles?). In other words use a cheap steel cassette for training and either an aluminum or titanium cassette for racing.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com