Ceramic Bearings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kirkster

by Kirkster

nicrump wrote:a valid point, but the wrong forum. this is about geeking out over weight and physics.

:roll: Awww Man! I bet You are ov the same breed ov Guys that spend hours in My shop talking about plastic coated titanium ball bearings and then leave with out buying owt! Otherwise known as TIME WASTERS!!!! :evil: :roll:

Do's it make You all go faster? Do You even ride Yer bikes? Do You even care???? :roll:
Marching on Together...............

nicrump

by nicrump

thanks for shareing your feelings. you might try http://www.etherapistsonline.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Kirkster

by Kirkster

nicrump wrote:thanks for shareing your feelings. you might try http://www.etherapistsonline.com/

I fink its U that may need that site Matey!

P.S. Ta for the very useful and informative e-mail, A very imaginative use of French !

PNuT

by PNuT

nicrump wrote:a valid point, but the wrong forum. this is about geeking out over weight and physics.

so when i asked a perfectly sensible question on this forum regarding lightweight track frames did i get a load ov abuse by some geezer*in all his cycling years im still at college to grow my mouth*????

double standards @ its best :lol:

Kirkster

by Kirkster

PNuT wrote:

so when i asked a perfectly sensible question on this forum regarding lightweight track frames did i get a load ov abuse by some geezer*in all his cycling years im still at college to grow my mouth*????

double standards @ its best :lol:

Thats the Yanks fer Ya Mate! :lol:

Joel

by Joel

nicrump wrote:thanks for shareing your feelings. you might try http://www.etherapistsonline.com/

How do you know this site :lol: :?: :wink:

nicrump

by nicrump

PnuT, id be happy to build you a 2lb track frame. but i would demand you put ceramic bearings on it

NS

by NS

Kirkster wrote:

:roll: Awww Man! I bet You are ov the same breed ov Guys that spend hours in My shop talking about plastic coated titanium ball bearings and then leave with out buying owt! Otherwise known as TIME WASTERS!!!! :evil: :roll:

Do's it make You all go faster? Do You even ride Yer bikes? Do You even care???? :roll:

No I expect he is of the same breed of people who have NO friends due to being overly dull and humourless. Maybe one day he will wake up to the fact that he still has to pedal the bike and can lose more weight by eating a couple of hundred calories less than you can by spending money.

how :( can you be
Last edited by NS on Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kirkster

by Kirkster

I am stopping repyling to any threads now cos they end up being locked or deleted :lol: :lol: :lol:

Superlite

by Superlite

Just stay on the subject and you wont have to worry. your not doing to well for your first day. :wink:

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Kirkster wrote:I am stopping repyling to any threads now cos they end up being locked or deleted :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you want to discuss something with me contact me by email or PM, but don't open one thread after another.
Just behave friendly, don't post excessively off-topic and everything is fine.

spytech

by spytech

I dont have the size of the bearings for my mavic wheels, does anyone know?

if its under 75 bucks for bearings i am ok with it. BUT $700 thats just too much. Tune hubs come with ceramic bearings. and the pair shipped cost under 700 bucks. something is wrong here.

as soon as i get my bearing size i will find out what it cost.

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

spytech wrote:if its under 75 bucks for bearings i am ok with it. BUT $700 thats just too much. Tune hubs come with ceramic bearings. and the pair shipped cost under 700 bucks. something is wrong here.

Complete ceramic bearings (race, cone and balls made from ceramic) cost so much.
Ceramic hybrid bearings (only balls are made from ceramic, rest is steel), which are less expensive, are used in the MAG 160/170/180.

spytech

by spytech

AHA, so that is what i will get, hybrid... would they make a difference? we will see. but i doublt it will be a big difference.

One question, Do the ZIPP Z3 have hybrid brearings or Full ceramic bearings? because if its only hybrid, then it would not justify the big price difference, right?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

spytech wrote:AHA, so that is what i will get, hybrid... would they make a difference? we will see. but i doublt it will be a big difference.

Absolutely zero IMHO.
Even the difference between pure steel bearings and full ceramic bearings is absolutely negligible - there won't be a speed-up on bikes, sorry. :wink:
Full ceramic bearings were developed for harsh environments (they work in liquid hydrogen as well as at 500°C), where conventional steel bearings aren't applicable.
The only advantage you have when using them on a bike is that you save a few grams because ceramic is half the weight of steel.