paging ZOEY

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

stinkyhelmet

by stinkyhelmet

zoey, I am interested in a home made lighting system like the one you posted pictures of in a previous post. I like the single bottle one that allows for re-charging.

Could you please post a "shopping list" of the items needed to make this? I already have soldering iron. Thanks.

-stinkyhelmet

JK

by JK

Maybe this one from the blokes of JRA.com can help you too:

http://www.justridingalong.com/biking/lights.php

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

zoey

by zoey

The batteries and charger I'm using are from batteryspace.com. The 10 pack of the C-Cell 4.5ah is on sale for 29.99USD. I have had good lock ordering from this company and they are located close to me.

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=217

The charger is 27.99USD and can be found here. http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1111

Cheers,
:lol:

"Ride lots." -- Eddy Merckx

Click Here to see my Scott CR1.

Tippster

by Tippster

I'm currently running a Lupine Nightmare (mtb front lampset)

7.2V with 8.2Ah

With the evenings beginning to get dark in the early evening, I've gotten the lampset out again for the Winter. The battery was only lasting 1/4 of the usual time.

As I work at a power station, I took the battery to our electrical section. Further investigation showed that some of the soldering had come loose. At this time I pulled the battery apart to fix the soldering.

It appears that the battery is 6 cells connected in (my electronics is poor) either parallel or series. We also use similar battery cells to power remote electrical metering systems.

I will be investigating the possibility of making my own battery up. Aim being to get a longer battery life and keep the costs down.

Just some of the benefits of working at a power station
Mechanical workshop
Electrical workshop
Chemistry lab with scales accurate to +/- 0.02g
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"

stinkyhelmet

by stinkyhelmet

thanks for the info guys! What about the light end of the system? Sorry for all the questions but I have never built a lighting system before. Thanks.

Cyco

by Cyco

Seeing as this is WW, before the 24hr race (a couple of weeks ago) I was working with an electrical engineer friend of mine to build a battery of Li Ion cells to run my NiteRider HID.

The had some seriouos weight savings (not yet measured) but I didnt take it because we havnt yet been able to match the burn time I am getting out of the standard NiMH (~4-5hrs). The extra burn is nice so you dont have to worry about recharging during the event (I still take the charger though).
Success is how far you you bounce back up after being knocked down

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Tippster

by Tippster

Cyco wrote:Seeing as this is WW, before the 24hr race (a couple of weeks ago) I was working with an electrical engineer friend of mine to build a battery of Li Ion cells to run my NiteRider HID.

The had some seriouos weight savings (not yet measured) but I didnt take it because we havnt yet been able to match the burn time I am getting out of the standard NiMH (~4-5hrs). The extra burn is nice so you dont have to worry about recharging during the event (I still take the charger though).

24 hr events I've been to have a charging tent.
"Ride it like you've just stolen it!"