Speedneedle seatpost compatibility

Discuss light weight issues concerning mountain bikes & parts.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Hi all new guy in town.....just bought a speedneedle saddle with 10mm rails from a fellow WW. I need a laid back seatpost for proper position. Any problems with a Easton EC-70....tryied to use my Easton CT-2..no go. I'm game for any other suggestions.

-Jerry

nikh

by nikh

I had the same problem those 10mm rails are hugeeee!
Wouldn't fit on my USE post so I had to pair it with a Tune seatpost.
Sadly its not a layback.
Attachments
Tune-Speedneedle-Lycra-Underside-06.jpg
Tune-Speedneedle-Lycra-Underside-03.jpg
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Looks sharp for sure....run the Twisters on my race wheelset. I know the layback limits my options...gotta have it I'm shoving a medium bod on a small frame and going to be using all of a 400 mm seatpost plus the saddle back as far as possible to be in the correct position.

Hopefully their will be another member who is using this post or another layback style with the speedneedle. If not I'll let my fingers do the walking and try to find a EC-70 at a LBS to try out.

-Jerry

Esben

by Esben

What about a Thomson seatpost and the speedneedle, will that work? I know the thomson isn´t the lightest, but it´s not easy to find one, that will fit my Epic. (30,9 X 380 + lay back)

Esben
GAZ GAZ

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

The Thompson Elite seems to have the same fastening system as the Easton. I know for sure the speedneedle will fit the Thompson since I have one on my FR bike (no WW carbon posts since I'm forever sliding the post up and down)

Since the Easton seems to have the same fastening system (one bolt pulling one clamp down evenly over both rails) weights less and goes with the carbon motif I'll go that way after verifying that it will work either physically(calling LBS to match 'em up) or by someone on this board who has had experience with combo.

-Jerry
Last edited by Jerry Serra on Thu Nov 06, 2003 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Esben,

BTW - Thanks for the suggestion brother :P

-Jerry

DavidG

by DavidG

Hey Jerry -- I see you received the saddle. Are you happy with it?

Re your question above about the Tune-Easton compatibility, you could have saved yourself a bit of trouble by asking the guy who sold you the saddle... ;-) Whatever.

You will be happy to hear that the Tune Speedneedle and Easton EC70 work together fine. In fact I use this combo myself; see photo.
Attachments
Strike_seat_area.jpg
DavidG

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jerry Serra

by Jerry Serra

Dave,

That would be assuming I was sharp enough to think of that. I've proven that's not the case many times over for sure. :oops:

I am very happy with the saddle and cog I bought from you. I hope things are well with you and your family.

Best Wishes,

-Jerry