How old are Storck Power Arms Cranksets?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

spytech

by spytech

how much are you going to save over the new campy Record carbon cranks, they are 500 grams with chainrings, plus they look nice, i think that counts more than saving 30 - 50 grams :D maybe not, but it counts.. :P

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Joel

by Joel

spytech wrote:how much are you going to save over the new campy Record carbon cranks, they are 500 grams with chainrings, plus they look nice, i think that counts more than saving 30 - 50 grams :D maybe not, but it counts.. :P

It will save about 60g, so far better stiffness with the Record

spytech

by spytech

i think more stiffness in my cranks counts more than 60 grams, plus did look good. didnt i already say they look good :D

giovanni

by giovanni

Hey superlight,
I just recieved my storck cranks on friday, and guess what there ISIS !!!!
I recently inquired on this site into buying a set and the only place left was posh bikes.
But to my surprise :D I found a place right here in so cal called Hi-tech bikes and they had them in stock.
They picked them up at inter bike and brought some back this was some cool news.
Check there web site www.hi-techbikes.com they are very cool people.

nikh

by nikh

Nice to know info, cheers.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!

giovanni

by giovanni

You know nikh it was kind of a bummer I wasnt able to do business with posh bikes. Those guys are the nicest people down there, is everybody so nice in the UK, dang I wish I was treated like that at every bike shop I went to :D .
Giovanni

Superlite

by Superlite

NICE!! IT'S REAL, IT'S REALLY REAL!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH, soon they will be mine. HAHAHAHAHA

Sorry, got carried away. did you weigh them? Wonder is they weigh a few grams more or less then the square taper.

THANK YOU!!!!!!

giovanni

by giovanni

I dont know about the square taper but mine(isis) weigh 309.5 grams on the dot!!!
I am a jeweler by trade and my scale is perfect so this is real weight.
I hope you get them soon superlight and maybe theese people will keep stocking storck parts for us here in the U.S.
Giovanni.

Superlite

by Superlite

There lighter! The regular square taper weighs in at 320g. Thats great, not only are they lighter, but with the oversized ISIS interface and large axel you get superior stiffness. Win win!

But what about chainrings? Whats a good lite weight set to get?

THANK YOU!!!! :D

giovanni

by giovanni

I thought you could tell me that, I bought the dura ace 130mm bolt (39/53 43g and 91g , 134g for the pair) not to light . If you find something light let me know and I will be the first in line.
Giovanni

Delpi

by Delpi

:D
Attachments
Storck Powerarms Isis.jpg

Delpi

by Delpi

:D
Attachments
Storck Powerarms Isis MTB.jpg

Florian
Site Admin

by Florian

Superlite wrote:Yeah Florian, lend us a helping hand, what do you know about this?

Storck announced on this years Eurobike the he'll make an ISIS and tune hex taper version of the Power Arms Pro.
They already did some testing with an ISIS prototype one or two years ago, but they weren't very satisified with the ISIS interface so they dropped the idea.

But why an ISIS version of the Power Arms Pro?
I guess the splined interface doesn't make the crank significantly stiffer - the lack of stiffness comes mostly from the soft crank arms not from the axle type. Why buying one of the lightest crank arms when you have to stick with heavy ISIS BBs? And not to mention the durability problems of the ISIS BBs.

giovanni

by giovanni

WHAT durability problems :shock: , this is my first time using isis bottom bracket's and now your freaking me out!!!!.
The only reason I bought it in Isis is because that is all that was available at the time, and all I was gaining was 2 grams on my last bottom bracket but shaving 149 grams(5.32oz) with this crank set up.
But now you have me thinking even though there is no going back now.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nikh

by nikh

Bearing issues I believe.
PLAY DARTS! *WARNING* MUST HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR TO PLAY!!!