How about a WW license plate frame / stickers?

Bring your questions & complaints to the Weight Weenies moderators, here! Also, News & Announcements. Use the other boards for bike related talks.
Hai H. Ho

by Hai H. Ho

I hope I don't get burned for suggesting this because it relates to cars, but I wanted to let others know I am proud to be a Weight Weenie while I am driving my car.

How about a WW license plate frame? Maybe even stickers for the car / bike. Maybe someone could run with this idea.

What do you guys think? Good / Bad
Attachments
WW license_plate_frame.gif
WW license_plate_frame.gif (4.28 KiB) Viewed 3265 times

evenfasterson

by evenfasterson

Good idea, but I think most WW's dont have a frame aroung their number plate. :lol:

Stickers is a good idea though.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

frd

by frd

stickers are definitely a nice idea! I would surely put one on my bike and/or helmet!

jay cee

by jay cee

any more updates on this? who may be able to get some stickers made?

i would support it.
J EURO

frd

by frd

what about www.cafepress.com ?

bmacattak

by bmacattak

Hai H. Ho, license plate borders are illegal in TX. I know because I also live in Houston and got a ticket for having one. Just fyi...

santacruzxt

by santacruzxt

whatever, they gave you a ticket because you look funny.
07 Pinarello Paris Carbon
06 Trek Equinox 11
05 Trek 8500
88 Schwinn Prelude Fixie
72 Schwinn Continental
www.cougarcycling.com

$mokeyJoe

by $mokeyJoe

I can help with the stickers.If i get a layout,i'm able to make the stickers.Contact me for more information.
*Light is beautiful*
BMC SLC01 5900g ... Litespeed Vortex 6300g ... Merida Carbon Lite 7000g ... Velocite Selene 8000g ... Argon18 E114 +/-8500g ... Trek 1500 9500g

Hai H. Ho

by Hai H. Ho

bmacattak wrote:Hai H. Ho, license plate borders are illegal in TX. I know because I also live in Houston and got a ticket for having one. Just fyi...

I too got a ticket for the plate frame, but this is only because the top portion was so thick that it covered "Texas".

I was instructed that plate frames are not illegal by the officer who issued the ticket only if a person can still read the "Texas" portion of the plate. I confirmed this with my police friends who work at Houston Police Department and Harris County Sheriffs Department, who said true. This is also confirmed by a few attorney friends who reviewed the statutes.

I am willing to show my support for cycling and WWism. Even if I get a ticket for this offense, it's considered a non-moving violation so it won't show on my driving record. The above mentioned ticket was dismissed once I submitted evidence to the court that I resolved this issue with a thinner plate frame. This point will be taken into consideration for production.

Can we get a few design ideas for both frame plates and stickers?
Attachments
tx_license_plate.jpg
tx_license_plate.jpg (10.35 KiB) Viewed 3039 times

frd

by frd

here's just one first quick proposal for stickers.
I would sure put one on my chainstay
Attachments
ww.jpg
ww.jpg (5.08 KiB) Viewed 2985 times

Boonen

by Boonen

We don't use license plate frames here but if anybody wants to go through with these and it's ok with Florian and/or Starbike I should still have the .eps file of the 'weight weenies' that I made for the 6.8 T-shirts.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com